Curtiss P-40C Warhawk - American Volunteer Group by paper-aircraftwerks

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by cgutzmer, Mar 7, 2007.

1. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

First off thanks to bowdenja for buying this gift for my son. He is pretty excited!

Here is the page

2mm formers - kind thick compared to what I am used to but it looks like most can be done with scissors (whew) It seems to be a pretty straightforward build so unless something comes up as complicated I will just show parts made before attaching. then after attaching.

I am looking forward to the landing gear as this is my first build with the roll up struts. Looks ever so much better I think. Might not be pics for a bit as I like to get all the formers and such cut and ready to go before moving on. One nice touch is that all the formers have the part numbers ON the former itself so this wont make me need to write it on there or chance forgetting what goes where. I hope I can live up to the sales picture.....

2. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Go, Chris GO!!!

This looks really great, at least in the published site. I don't doubt you'll come up with a great build.

Keep us posted, man!
  3. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Have at it Chris, been waitin' for this for some time, good luck!
  4. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Hey Chris,
    do you have enough bibs to go around for this one???
    Can't wait! (Drooooooool):roll:
  5. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Hot Dawg, go to it Chris!

2mm formers? Dang, that's thicker than what I'm doing on the upscale! that'll be a lot of rounds of cuts!

6. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I just hope you are not planning to go around shooting at my Hayabusa?????!!!!!! :grin:
    Excellent modelling subject, I have this planned for one day when I run out of Japanese planes to build :twisted:
  7. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

I hope you will enjoy the build as much as he will have playing with it!:grin:

Michael............... run out of Japanese planes to build................... NOT POSSIBLE!:grin:

Especially since I hear somebody's got some new releases in the works.............. Susie..........yes thank you!

8. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I do love the japanese planes. Whats this planes main adversary?
  9. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Whoops, wrong thread.
  10. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I started this one but had to put it aside for awhile due to lack of time. Your thread inspires me to get back to it!
  11. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Ki-27 Nate
    Ki-43 Hayabusa
    Ki-21 Sally
  12. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

13. B-Manic

B-Manic Peripheral Visionary

That is a nice lookin plane. I look forward to your post. I am thinking of getting the kit myself. This should push me one way or the other.
  14. josve

josve Active Member

I'm looking forward to this one Chris!!
  15. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Wow, this is generating a lot of interest, I better do a fine job. I am going to start looking for some models of adversaries for my next build :) preferrably one that hasnt been done as a build thread here before.
  16. Clashster

Clashster Member

This is a great looking plane, Chris! 8) Looking forward to your build! Are you and Elliot watching the History Channel's "Dogfights" tomorrow night? They are highlighting the American Volunteers in China fighting the Japanese...

17. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Unfortunately we dont get the history channel with our cheapo package. That is one of the shows I have been wanting to see :(
  18. Clashster

Clashster Member

:cry: I would t-vo it, but I don't have that... :(
  19. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

The dogfight series 1st season is available from amazon @ 50.00 for all the episodes.
  20. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I got started on the cockpit last night. Quite the surprise. It does not have the same former build up I am used to. Its a simple fold up box with tabs to attach to the fuselage. No pics but I will snap a couple after the components are installed. Just wanted to make the note while I was thinking of it :)