Current Project (junk yard)

Cadillac_SD9

Jan 2, 2006
Here is my latest project for my layout it is a junk yard. Does anyone see any thing that is missing? Any ideas for fence?

Attachments

• junk yard 001.jpg
    junk yard 001.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 246
  • junk yard 002.jpg
    junk yard 002.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 245
  • junk yard 003.jpg
    junk yard 003.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 242

jkinosh

Dec 1, 2005
Lorain, Ohio
For fencing you could use the net material that they make Bridal Vails out of. You can get it at most craft stores, and I believe that even Walmart carries it and you can buy it by in 1 foot sections and they are usually 45 or 54 inches wide.

Then you could always give it a light coat of silver spray paint, and use small brass tubing or round toothpics for fence posts.

Jacob

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
When I was in N scale, I would make tire piles by slicing the black insulation on #10 gauge solid core wire into 1/16" slices. I would then pile them up as needed and bond them down like ballast. I would used the same sized wire insulation in white and sliced to a C shape to line the driveway as though they were lined in white washed tires. I'd kill the shine by painting a final coat of Testor's Dulcote on it.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Oct 31, 2002
Ottawa, Canada
Visit site
A few things that come to mind...

Junk yard office/shack.
Maybe a weigh scale.
Fence around the perimeter - something solid too, so your little plastic people who live nearby don't have to look at the "eyesore".
Some sort of backhoe or crane or something to move the junk around?
An old beat up truck that belongs to the owner, and is used to collect and/or deliver junk.
More junk.
A junkyard dog & dog house ;) :D

You have got some really nice looking piles of junk - rusty, but not too much...!

Andrew

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
If you want more cars, especially crushed or flattened ones, you can take small pieces of foil and wrap them around the contours of the cars you already have. Carefully remove the foil car shapes, squish them and then paint them various colors with an overspray of rust.
Lookin' good by the way!
Ralph

davidstrains

Aug 29, 2002
Stafford, VA
Visit site
you might want to "dull coat" and rust the old grader. The tires look to new to be in the junk yard. give them a light sanding to take off some of the tread and "gloss".
Ralph has a great idea for additional car bodies and other metal junk shapes.

Nice overall effect:thumb: