Current On30 project

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Catt, Sep 22, 2002.

1. Catt

Catt Guest

Current On30 project is Mogul #1.

Alterations are at this point,

1 Banta Model Works Wood cab kit and
    2 homebuilt coalboard extenstions.

Cab roof is .015 styrene because the wood roof would not conform to the curviture of the Banta cab.
  2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Purr-ty nifty Catt !!!
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
  3. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Looks Great!

How about a CLOSE UP? (or eight):D :D
  4. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Lookin' good Catt! I'm going to have to cut the roof off the cab of the 2-8-2 in order to detail the interior. (sometimes a plan would help). How did the .015 styrene work? I was thinking I'd go with .020, but if the .015 is standing up to the handling, maybe I'll go that route.
    I was able to get some photos of the single pumps used on the Cass Shays. Thought I might scratch a new pump for the 2-8-2.
  5. Catt

Catt Guest

Pete,I think either thickness would work just fine. The one thing I like about the styrene is the fact that you can roll it fairly tight and when you release it it will hold the curl long enough for the glue of choice to set up.(CA in my case with the wooden cab).Did you by chance see the two SR&RL brass passenger cars on Ebay.They both sold rather reasonably I thought.
  6. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Great looking loco Catt my friend but at the same time am pleased to see that the N empire is on the books again
    hint hint.