Current Layout

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
Thanks green_elite_cab About a huge building, did you see my thread a while back about the huge warehouse I want to build? Well I don't think that will happen but I am going to put a smaller huge warehouse. It is going to go on the layout table in the pics obove when I get my layout moved down to tha garage. The building is 120" long w/54 Truck Cargo Doors, Side walls are 10" long and one wall comes to a point so there can be 3 boxcars on a siding. There is a Main Office, Customer Parking, Trailer Yard (Hope to have over 75 trailers just sitting thare in the yard waiting to be loaded and unloaded) and right outside the barbed wire and Concrete Wall and steel gates is a Walthers Sub-Station to to provide Power to this massive building. I haven't built it yet but I hope to start buying the building (only about $140.00 from Nu-Line Structures) It would be an awsome complex.

I can find the thread for my other building if you would like?

As for the Intermodal stuff, I have 13 well cars w/Containers but have nowhere to show them off right now:cry: And Trailers, don't even get me started on the trailers, I have so many that if I put them all on the layout, there would be no ground space. I have trailers and trucks of most Major freight companies in the USA. Too many yet I still want more.

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
HEY JOSH:wave:, you have done some REALLY NICE scenes!:thumb: HOLY SMOKES, you really ARE a truck lover!;) and to think i call myself "a real engine nut", sheesh, i think if i added ALL my engines together, not just my UP, but ALL of them, your trucks would GREATLY out number them!:D sign1 looks GREAT!:thumb::D -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Very impressive, Josh, and certainly demonstrative of your "handle". Since you've already got some intermodal equipment, how about an intermodal facility? You could do containers or piggyback, or a combination of both, and it would give you lots of opportunity to show off all that neat equipment. Another idea might be a tractor (truck) dealer, receiving new units on flatcars.

Wayne

Oct 11, 2004
New York. Oneida
like the doc said a place to receive or how about a place that builds them? take some wally world cheep trucks perhaps remove doors or sides of the trailer to show that its being built you see where im going with this right?

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
:wave: Thanks doctorwayne, It really means alot to me. :) Your layout is very nice and alot more advanced than mine. For that intermodal facility you were talking about, I had one set up about 6 months ago but it took up way to much space so I had to take it down.:cry: On that yard is now the Magic Ban Bakeries and the Inland Cement Compnay. The indermodal yard had a warehouse, two tracks with my container cars, tons of containers and trucks being loaded and unloaded by a Walthers Mi-Jack Intermodal Crane and 2 Kalmar Intermodal Cranes. I was stupid and forgot to snap a couple of pictures before I took it down so now I can only describe it :curse: wall1 hamr (which is nothing compared to pictrures) and wait for the layout in the garge to set this scene up again. :cry:

Now that truck dealership would be cool. I certainly have enought to do 1 of those. I might just do one of those. I will let you now on that one.

railroader9731, thats a great idea :wave: , gretting some cheap trucks would be nice instead of spending $8.00 - $10.00 per truck. The trailers are another cool idea. I could have some trailers without vans and just the chassis being built, then some with the van started on the chassis, then some with the doors being put on, and then the finished products being on the line-up out in front of the retail store. Maybe a brand-new Mack CH 613 and a 53' trailer pulling out of the yard and down the road. It woiuld be like an assembly line. Thanks railroader9731, you just gave me a plan.:thumb: O great, heres another thing that I have to build now because you sparked my imagination again. sign1 sign1

Thanks Guys

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Let me ask if they have enough money to buy the house sign1 sign1

But as I said above, I just have to build some selfs and get all the junk out and thrown away or have a huge garage sale. Then the Construction Company will have a 10' x 12' piece of land. lol

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
:wave: Thanks Mr. Bubbles, I don't have room for them. Even without the buildings in all, there is not enough room to run even a circle because it is only 2' wide.

So I just have sidings that cum from out of the tha wall for right now. But my new layout will have plenty of room for tons of trains, that is, when I get around to clearing the garage.

MilesWestern

Sep 20, 2005
CA
protopaintwest.googlepages.com
Green: asphalt manufacturer
Blue: Magic Pan Bakeries
Gray: Inland camant co.
Red: builfing under construction

...the other industuries and a truck terminal qould occupy the rest of the room, to the wall. This shows just one half (maybe a third) of your layout, so whaddya think?