Currell's 1/700 Vickers Transoceanic

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Jan Kytop, Feb 21, 2009.

1. Jan Kytop

Jan Kytop Member

1919 Vickers airship project
  2. sr5nm

sr5nm Member

Very well done. It almost looks like stick and tissue construction.
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Vickers 1919 Transoceanic Airship

VERY nice, Jan,

A SUPER build! You have soon built them all now, haven´t you? The Hindenburg, the Graf Zeppelin, the R-101, the Bodensee, the Mediterranée, and the Vickers 1919 trans-oceanic airship project, that was sadly never realized. What an impressive collection of the major important classic rigid dirigibles.

I have experimentd with enlarging the first sheet of the Vickers airship, but I haven´t started on the actual build yet . . .

By the way, have you seen this web page, with wonderful drawings of the transoceanic airship project and a plan: -Oceanic.htm

Superb card modeling! Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos!
    Bengt in Stockholm :wave:
  4. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Nice build. I agree with the guys above, looks as good as a tissue and balsa model.
  5. pahorace

pahorace Member

Hello Jan,
    Your Currell's airship truly magnificent, clean and perfect, as always.
    I saw your helicopter in: "Le Forum en Papier", very beautiful.
    I have also "Sikorsky HH60 Jayhawk USCG" by Ing. Vaclav Jancata.
    Know if somewhere there is this model the instructions or a thread?

6. Jan Kytop

Jan Kytop Member

This helicopter and instructions are available in the download part of the forum: aviation , military , contemporary).
  7. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Jan, you are truly the Airship Fleetmaster! Are you posting these threads as you complete the models? if so, you are not only a skilled builder, but a fast one!

Thanks for sharing another cool project with us!
  8. pahorace

pahorace Member

Thanks Jan,
    I tried this for a long time and instead was inside the home.
    Unfortunately the copy I downloaded at that time from the site "abc" does not have the numeration but this is my challenge, to re-interpret the numeration right!
    Thank you very much and also thanks to "N810"

9. THE DC

THE DC Member

The link you requested...

Here's the link requested for this excellent model. The site has amazing kits and is superbly organized. It all provides detail on the object inspiring the model!

THE DC:wave: