Currell's 1/700 R-100

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by Jan Kytop, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Jan Kytop

Jan Kytop Member

The C17 is at the same scale.
    It is a plastic model to give an idea of the size of the R-100.
  2. jagolden

jagolden Guest

Beautiful Build, Jan.
    Ralphs model are wonderful nd your results are fine!

RG WILLIAMS New Member

That really came out looking nice. I have yet to start mine. Any tips in the construction?
  4. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

That was a clever idea putting the C-17 to show scale. Wow! What a beast of a flying machine.
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Very nice build!
  6. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

You done a fine job on a great model. Ralph Currell's kits are well designed and your model shows it! Beautiful!

RG WILLIAMS New Member

Great looking model. Is that 67 lb. card stock ? ,and what do you plan to use to seal/protect the model ?
  8. Jan Kytop

Jan Kytop Member

I use an acrylic matt varnish to seal the model.
    The paper is 160 gr/m2. I think it is equivalent to 67lb.
  9. Jan Kytop

Jan Kytop Member

The most important thing is that I use narrow pieces of very fine white paper to mask the seams and on the printed white lines and then I seal the model with acrylic matt varnish.

RG WILLIAMS New Member

Thanks for the information on your R-100 build. Attention to detail is the reason your model looks so good. I had an idea to cut out the window areas in my R-100 and cover the openings , from the inside with , with thin , clear plastic. A number 11 blade could possibly be used for this modification.

One of my Patients from New York , born in 1918, gives a vivid description of the Hindenburg and Graf Zeppelin as the transversed the New York skyline. At a time when aviation was in it's infancy , the sight and sound of these machines must have been quite imperssive. What a gift to have this sharp minded historian to talk with.

The Currell Vickers Transoceanic Airship also looks like a fine model. With your building skills I know it would also look great.

Thanks again for your help

11. Art Decko

Art Decko Member

Really nice work, very clean build! :thumb:

Oh ... if only those giants were still cruising the skies! At least I get to see the occasional blimp over Shanghai.

Thanks for posting the shots, Jan!