Cumbres N Toltec Scenic RR

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by TrainNut, Sep 22, 2004.

1. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Okay, I did a search on this thinking that I could not possibly be the first to post pictures of this line and lo' n behold, it appears that I could be. In July, my entire family spent a week in Chama, NM. I never rode the train but instead, spent every morning and every evening, chasing it with my family happily (somewhat) following behind. he he.

Attached Files:

2. jwmurrayjr

jwmurrayjr Member

Great photos! :thumb: Don't you love those old locos and coaches.

You can see some photos of our DSNGRR trip in the "links" page of my website if you like. I haven't been on the Cumbres yet but I highly recommend the Durango Silverton trip (round trip 1st class). It's great! :)

Thanks for posting the pics!
  3. justind

justind Member

My family was supposed to ride this a couple years ago, but because of the fire danger they closed the line...too bad. It is a really great ride (my parents rode it the year before) but I personally prefer the scenery on the Durango and Silverton branch.
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

NEMMRRC New Member

Durango Silverton is more scenic in my opinion. I have been to both.

However, Cumbres and Toltec let me roam around the yard and engine facility. You cannot go behind the scenes at Durango unless you buy the yard tour. At least this is the way it was when I was there 10 years ago.

6. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Great photo's :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  7. fifer

fifer Active Member

Here is one from last week.

8. brakie

brakie Active Member

I always like the slim rails but never modeled NG. Thanks for sharing.
  9. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for posting them.[​IMG]
  10. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Gret Pics!! Someday I'll make it out there :)
  11. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Cool!! Looks like not only do they still have the old steamers and passenger cars but also an old coaling tower as well. Thanks for the pix!!