CSX's new paint scheme

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
our trains

CNW???? Canadian North West? ummmm......Cable News Wetwork??? ummmm...... Choochoo Not Working??????

Bob,
our trains run on the right track (not the wrong track). We drive on the right side of the road (not the wrong side). BTW.... we're all left handed down here, as well as upside down... so wadda ya reckon???? ;) ;) :p :p

Damn...... put me shirt on back-to-front this morning too!! :eek: :eek: DOH!! (Homer Simpson voice)

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Woodie,

Maybe you ought to also explain to the uninitiated that when you flush the toilet down under the water swirls the other way down the drain. I don't suppose, based on your previous answers, that you would agree that it swirls the "wrong" way:D

Bob

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Coriolis

Bob,

Everything down here is different! The reverse gravitational effect also affects banana growing. Bananas grow with the bend the other way. This has proved to be a problem when selling bananas overseas. So with the ingenuity of the government, and some sophisticated science tehcnology, they solved the unemployment problem.

So, if you're unemployed, they double your benefit, if you will go and work in the banana bending factories up in Queensland. Works real well, and you get paid a fortune for bending the bananas to the other way, making them more acceptable to an international market.

However, dunnies are different. That's the "coriolis affect", and you need a system as large as a hurricane to get the twirling to go the other way round. Dunnies? Nup.... its just straight down the gurgler.

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Boy you just can't trust those South Africans. They had me believing that the water was turning the other way and of course I didn't have a video of ours with me at the time so............ I fell for it.

Maybe when I come to OZ next year I ought to bring a video with me. But, of course, your VCR run the other way too, don't they? Oh well, I'll just have to come enjoy myself. My wife announced the other day they she is planning to visit Cairns whether I go or not... naturally said I would, but haven't talked her into the 32 hour train ride from there to Brisbane. Will probably ride one way to Melbourne from Sydney and the same with Brisbane.

Cheers cobber

Bob

CSXFan

Feb 25, 2002
ohio
Visit site
re. Paint scheme

OK well back on the subject!:) I have mixed emotions about the new scheme. I like it because it is different and colorful, but as someone said on the MR forum, it seems to emulate C&O's old scheme more than any other CSX predecessor. I like it though, but I'll miss the old schemes especially the "stealth" scheme(NOT).:)

C

Catt

I am a CSX fan,but I have a hard time believing that CSX employees actually want such a dull uninteresting paint scheme to show that they are a forward thinking progress minded railroad.

Aside from that I like the blue but that gold SUCKS!!!.

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Coriolis

Originally posted by Bob Collins
me believing that the water was turning the other way
Bob

Well, Bob,
According to science, what you have been told is true. However, you would need the most perfect loo, the most perfect still water and perfect surfaces. the Coriolis Effect will only produce one revolution of the water per day (to get the swirl going in the right direction). The shape etc of the vessell has far far far more influence on the way it goes down the gurlger than anything else.

Perhaps, to make the most of this effect, everyone should have their helix's go in the direction of the appropriate swirl. May prevent derailments!! :D

Now.... back to CSX.......

wsdimenna

Mar 30, 2002
Western NY USA
www.layoutdepot.com
This is a retro scheme to save money. Period.
I think they are pretending its the 50's at CSX when it comes to the scheme. Hardly a monikor for a foward modern era transportation company.

The colors remind me of a the blue and gold cub scout awards display.

I don't like it.

bill d

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
Seriously, if that's the way it should be, can anyone post a picture of the new CSX colors. I'm not familiar with them. When you talk about blue and gold the closest I can come is some pretty ugly blue and yellow on some BNSF equipment I see wander through here from time to time. Of course, the all time ugly is a pale blue whitewash used on a former 1st class railroad that has gone to the big switching yard in the sky. Great railroad in its day, but ugly blue at the end:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek:

Bob

C

Catt

Ask and ye shall recieve :D :D

49322.gif

This is ATLAS' version and also the very first CSX loco to get the paint job.Also much better looking than the real thing.IMHO

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
CSX Paint schemes

ASk & you will receive.. :)

CSX Paint Scheme Site

I found this, after I bought my Trains Magazine last night...

I like the 1990 colors with the gray...

Trains says: "It's a "Dip Job" with yellow at the ends.......CSX expects to paint 250 - 300 in 2002. At that rate, all 3600 will be done in 12 years--perhaps just in time for the next paint scheme..."

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Thanks for that CSX link N Gauger, now I know what this is all about :) .

The blue of the real machine is great, but yellow or gold does not compliment blue. I was going to comment of the Atlas model paint job. Just as well I didn't, it wouldn't inspire anyone ... it's "just another engine". In truth that gold is going to be darned hard to get right in model form.

The real thing looks OK but leaves one with the impression something is missing! ... perhaps a broad stripe preceding and succeding the "CSX" would help.

On the other hand maybe CSX aren't interested in "Corporate Image". (Just my tuppence worth :D )

I think there will be a lot of glum looks on CSX enthusiasts faces when models become generally available,

Errol

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
I was just thinking about the paint of CSX, I seem to remember that the "Standard Railroad of the World" - PRR (1930 - 1950) only had 2 colors on their engimes. Essentially a "dip job" with PRR keystones.

One was Brown - (Tuscan Red) with the Pennsy Keystone, and the other was Black - (Brunswick Green) with the Keystone.

Both colors changed when hit by sunlight, it was really neat!!!!

Yes the Brown got a red tint & the Black got a green tint. :)

Then Ramond Lowey came along and Touched up the paint with gold "cats whiskers".