CSX MoW question

Dough

Does anybody have a clue what this car is used for? And can someone figure out what it says on the panel to the left? It is CSX 912275 MW, and I saw it in Augusta, GA. This is the best pic that I could get. I also have a bigger pic, that I can email, but it is too big to attach.

BTW, nice forum...;)

Attachments

• csx mow.jpg
    csx mow.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 188

Russ Bellinis

The picture is awfully poorly focussed to try to see any detail, but it looks like a couple of containers on a flat car. I wonder if they are used as either portable storage, or portable office space that is taken to an area where the track gang is working and then set off beside the tracks?

rcwatkins

Welcome to the Gauge Dough. I would say that would be some sort of office car, however at first I thought it was a car where they hauled wreck debris in.

Dough

Well, FYI it stands for System Production Team. I don't know what that is for, but I do know that their are more than one. Below is a picture that I found surfing the web. Thanks for all of the help guys.

BTW they sure put alot of work into these...I wonder what is better about these than just an old box car?

Here is 912269