CSX Caboose

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by kf4jqd, Jan 30, 2006.

1. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Hi Gauger's:

I am just posting this picture here. I know alot of you come to this area first to read the post. I will have more pictures in Real USA railroads area.

What did I saw today on a CSX train? I CSX caboose! No joke :thumb: I live about 300 feet from the CSX main line that runs between Knoxville and Chattanooga, Tennessee!

Look for Trains in Vonore, Tennessee In the Real USA area of The Gauge. :wave:

Attached Files:

2. 2-8-2

2-8-2 Member

CSX has a line about a mile from my house. Every now and then, not often, but on rare occasions, I see a caboose. The trains can get pretty long. There's a large plastics company on the outside of town that gets bulk pellets, powder and some chemicals. 90% of the rolling stock I see is carrying automobiles, presumably from Detroit.

I guess even with all of today's modern technology, they still need a caboose every now and then.
  3. kf4jqd

kf4jqd Active Member

Saw it again!

I saw the caboose again today! :thumb:

Attached Files:

4. Arizona Heat

Arizona Heat Member

Upload Pictures

announce1 I would like to know how to upload pictures to the forum. I hope someone can guide me through it.[​IMG]
  5. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

6. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Might be a local ordinance. Though cabooses are being phased out, some localities still require railroads to have a caboose on the end of trains.
  7. brakie

brakie Active Member

Both CSX and NS still uses caboose when ever a long reverse move is needed such as on a urban local,mine runs and other such cases where there isn't a run around track available. :D Now in some cases I seen locomotives on each end of the train but,that's another matter...
  8. trainman1965

trainman1965 New Member

That is cool i have not seen a caboose in years on the track in use.