CSS Hunley

Discussion in 'Ship & Watercraft Models' started by Dyna-Soar, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Dyna-Soar

Dyna-Soar Member

Does anyone know where to find a paper model of this . I seem to remember there being one a long time ago. I plan to use it for a school project.
  2. Rev

Rev Member

Very much wanted.

I also want this model very much. Is anyone planning on releasing this model? I would buy it. I have the perfect place for it on the mantel in front of the wife's smelly candles. I say, if they aren't supposed to be lit than don't put 'em up there. The hunley would be very cool in front of the candle holder.
  3. Ziga

Ziga Member

ARMORMAN Guest

I've got a copy that I pulled off the web in '04...not a very big pic and low rez. Email me if you want it.
  5. Peter P

Peter P New Member

hi folks!
    im working on the hunley right now.....
    i started 4 months ago but i have to stop it because i have alot of work,and my daughter (15 months old now) needs a lot of time...:)
    but at the moment im still working on it.
    its not so easy as it looks,because its hard to get some picture material.
    at the moment i have 2GB pictures from the original wreck,this should be enough.....:grin:
    frame is completed,i only have to rework the hull.i will post pictures soon on www kartonbau.de,i will post the link here.
    the model in the polish forum is really good,but it has some minor faults.
    i think also the wooden stick in front where the explosives are attached is not 100% right,because nobody knows how it was attached exactly,but i think i have found a solution,because when you think long enough and try some possibilities,there is only one way to make it work.....
    so ,have a little patience folks!

greetings from vienna,austria,
    peter pavlovsky
  6. Peter P

Peter P New Member

here are some pics...

Attached Files:

7. David H

David H Member

Hi Peter,

In the background of Forum02.jpg. Is that an electric tooth brush converted to an itsy orbital sander?!?!

Who would have thought it! I gotta get one.

8. Peter P

Peter P New Member

hi david!
    you are right,i have converted my toothbrush to an orbital sander.
    its easy,its cheap,and very efficient!

Attached Files:

9. Rev

Rev Member

Wow, I would be interested in helping with the beta build in white. I also have some ability with photoshop and could maybe help you to skin the white model.
  10. David H

David H Member

Woooooooooooooo! PETER"S Orbital sander is the business!

Hunley great too.

(My dentist will not approve)