CSS Albermarle 1/250

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by cdavenport, Dec 20, 2008.

1. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

2. Every time I try to open this file I get an error message. Any ideas?
  3. gman95687

gman95687 Member

you need winrar to open it. I dowloaded winrar and the file opened just fine and there should be 6 pdf files.

4. OK I tried that and it still won't open without an error. Can comeone send me the unzipped file?
  5. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

You should have mail, Tim.
  6. gman95687

gman95687 Member

I sent the files too!

7. cjwalas

cjwalas Member

There seems to be a small problem on page four; part #38, the confederate flag. It's a foldover piece, but the flags on one side are too small. Fortunately, there are two flags, so if you're willing to accept one half-size flag it's no problem. I can't seem to find an email address for the designer to let him know. Can anyone get that info to him for me?
  8. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

You have to reply to his blog.

RG WILLIAMS New Member

CSS Albermarle

I don't know what I could be doing wrong. I followed the sequence required and saved the file. Still unable to open it. Any Ideas are appreciated. Thanks
  10. Dave Treby

Dave Treby Member

Trying to open sheet 4 I get a message 'There was an error when trying to parse an image' What that means I've no idea. The rest is Ok and these are good models
  11. Herk FE

Herk FE New Member

I just found this model and noticed they posted on the site the designer passed away Jan 19th.

Anyway, I noticed in this thread the above post and thought I'd try to remove some confusion. The flags printed on page four are actually 2 flags. One is the traditional naval flag {on the right} and the other is the second national flag (its supposed to be a mostly white). It was called the stainless banner... Thats the deal with the flags, they are correct as printed and all you need to do is cut the whole thing in half and fold each flag.

RG WILLIAMS New Member

Stainless Banner

The original Stainless Banner consisted of the Stars and Bars on the corner of a white field. Because the large white field could look like a flag of surrender ,a red bar was added across the end of the field. I just completed a book by Robert G. Elliott , IRONCLAD OF THE ROANOKE.This book combined the history of both the Confederate Ironclad Albemarle and her young builder Gilbert Elliott,born in 1843. He was 18 when he started the project.
    The Albemarle was built in a corn field along the Roanoke River.The ship assisted in the Confederate recapture of Plymouth,North Carolina and repelled the Union Flotilla holding Albemarle Sound. Though greatly outnumbered,the ship was successful in stopping the Union Navy advance on May 5, 1864.

Best Regards,