CSRM - California

babydot94513

Member in training
Sep 1, 2002
Brentwood, Ca
Visit site
Just thought I would pass along a noteworthy item relating to activities taking place this weekend at CSRM. As in the past, the California State Railroad Museum has an annual tradition in which a few select model railroad clubs are invited to participate in this annual event. One of these clubs is the Sacramento Modular Railroaders (a repeat invitee) of which a few of us on Calrailfans are a member of.

Also, the Toy Train collection is now on display and from what I am hearing it is quite impressive and is a good way to introduce young people into the railfan and modeling hobby.

So, if you get tired of hanging out with your family or want to take them on an excursion to Old Town Sacramento and CSRM stop by and say hello.

JD

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
Indeed--this weekend will be a fun one! I'll be there all day on Sunday, working the floor and the cab-forward. Hopefully I'll get a chance to check out some of the model railroad club stuff while I'm running around the floor! At least some of those folks were at the train show in Roseville weekend before last but I was too busy leaking money like a sieve to pay much attention to the modular setups!

The Sefton toy-train exhibit is definitely inspiring--there is a small section at the far end featuring displays of model-railroad (as opposed to toy train) equipment, including an HO scale display by none other than oh-so-modest me...