Critters

kjd

Here is my latest project sunning itself on my knee because I don't have a layout yet. It is a Jordan 12 ton Mack with a modified Bachman 44 tonner truck to power it. I added some weight and it will pull 7 empty coal hoppers on the flat. There is still room for a decoder. I think the other truck will become a GE 25 tonner.
Paul

Attachments

• mack3.jpg
    mack3.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 275

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Looks Good :thumb: How long did it take you to build the little loco? It really is a nice piece of equipment. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

brakie

Nice! I really like the way that engine looks.It kind of has a cocky attitude look much like the SW1.

kjd

shaygetz said:
Wow... :thumb: If you don't mind my asking, how much trouble was it to shoehorn in the power truck?
Here are before and after photos of the drive. Most of the project time was figuring this out. Now instead of the motor being held by the top half it is held by two inverted L shapes that mount over the original sideframe pins and are held in place by the shell. Overall the locomotive took me about 14 hours or so but that includes figuring out the drive had the right wheelbase and making it fit, making the grabs, adding weight, painting and assembly. It was a fun project.

Attachments

• mack4.jpg
    mack4.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 207

kjd

Here is the little guy spotting a car for loading at the Reallyneedshandrails Mine on my start of a layout. The loadout is totally scratchbuilt as well.

Attachments

• mack5.jpg
    mack5.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 203

spitfire

Fantastic work Paul. The engine looks great, nice details and your mine looks very good too. At this rate your layout is going to be amazing!!!

Val

jmarksbery

:wave: Hi Paul, that is really to neat, I luv it. Word of warning, Don't let Knudson see it or it will be hi-jacked as he is the critter man. Greaaaaat work, :eek: Jim

kjd

I must confess I occasionally forget the world is not all HO which is what I happen to model.