Crimson Skies

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
I guess this might be a bit of a long shot..~ I'm looking for a larger version of the attached logo ~ its from the airship 'Pandora' in the PC game Crimson Skies. This size looks to pixelated on a 3d model. So a higher rez version would help the project along...
:)

Attachments

• pandora1.jpg
    pandora1.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 2,393
S

sdk2knbk

Tarot Cards

If those cards are from an actual Tarot deck, maybe you can find images of them seperately and make a new logo yourself. Anybody out there familiar with Tarot?

Scott K.

rojo

Oct 12, 2006
Gearz,

How big is big enough? What format do you need? I can do any raster format, vector, .pdf........

rojo

Oct 12, 2006
Here's a low-quality pdf, I can provide others if needed.

Enjoy!

Attachments

• tarot3.pdf
    425.5 KB · Views: 347

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
sdk ~ good thinking Scott, I hadn't thought of that!.... Actually the idea is juice for another project. Tarot cards or even std playing cards have some interesting possibilities...

Willja67 ~ I was aiming for the Pandora and a Devastator.. Your Corsair inspired me to dust off the project.. The attached pic is where I got up to with the 3D models before I joined here. I had a test build of the Pandora's hull done??... way back.. I'm re-doing it using joining strips this time ( new territory) The devastator is a whole different story. It will be my first Aircraft, so I'm not sure how to attack it, I had a box arrangement for the main spar-s that looks like a ..stretched X ?? A bit on the overkill side.. Still nutting it out, I'd like it to be errr.. Robust..

rojo ~ WOOOOOOWW!!! ~ that's Excellent! Just did a quick test, and its perfect ~ thank you.! My luck has certainly improved, I wasn't expecting anything as nicely done ~ Of course you can't just post something as good as that and not tell us HOW? WHEN? WHY? + if it hasn't been said already? Welcome to the Forum.
:-D :-D :-D

Attachments

• CS1.jpg
    CS1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 886

rojo

Oct 12, 2006
Gearz,

If you need another with a transparent background, just holler.

How-well I had access to a printer's proof of the game manual which included black and white vector artwork so I pulled it over into my vector program and edited and colored the piece.

When - as soon as I saw your post I was intrigued.

Why - I like to help anyone when I can adn it gives me an opportunity to give back to the board that has given me so much.

I'm really glad you could use it, it's hardly polished just a rough really. If you need anything else. let me know.

Willja67

Feb 12, 2005
Grantsville,Utah
I always liked that game and the devastator in particular. If I can be of any help let me know. Given your other very well done models I expect good things for your first plane. Good luck.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Thanks Willja!:grin:

rojo ~ Thankyou, the transparency doesn't matter that much. The 3d program I use doesn't support it, so I'll just whack them on the bitmaps patterns. However, I seriously doubt I'll ever get a chance like this again. ~ I can reproduce most of the basic textures, could you provide us with any of these.~

*The Death's-head / Jolly Roger symbol (used on the Pandora and Devastator.)
*Any of the other faction's Logos. ( There's a few other Acft + Zepps I'd like to Dev later on)

Thanks for the assistance.

The Pandora's hull is coming alone reasonably well, I develop using 210 gsm card so I'm still a little concerned on a few small 'Fit' issues. . I guess anyone wanting to build it, would like to have the option of hanging it, or use a base. So, I'm playing with something in keeping with the style of the game. Just have to figure out an easy way of building a mountain...

:confused:

Attachments

• PandoraStand1.jpg
    PandoraStand1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 2,065

rojo

Oct 12, 2006
Gearz,

I think I have that jolly roger logo. I will have to look through my archives. I should have a couple of the other factions, one I know I have has a black widow in it(?). Either way, I'll shoot them off to you. And hopefully you willl ahve this opportunity again as I am on these boards almost daily.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Thanks rojo.. Anything you can come up with would be much appreciated.

The stand is finished, I loved the Mountain top instillations in the game. I was always sorry you couldn't get out and explore them (Crimson Skies meets Duke Nukem !!)...So I've tried for something along those lines for the base ~ 'Service/ Resupply facility' etc.

It looks a little on the overkill side, although, there's surprisingly few parts.The 'mountain only uses 5 parts, and apart from the main cradle ( 2 rails) the rest of the detail could be optional ~ service elevator down into the mountain + control tower etc.

Attachments

• PandoraStand2.jpg
    PandoraStand2.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 505

rojo

Oct 12, 2006
Here's some faction markings to get you started, I'll post more as I get them done.

Attachments

• factions1.pdf
    651.6 KB · Views: 226

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Thank you rojo ..That Jolly Roger is way better than the one I was working on, I can finish the textures for the Pandora and Devastator now, should have a test build of the Zeppelin ready in a week or so.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Hi s33k3r, Yep sorry.. I have to stop posting without the goods.. I've choked myself on projects so the Pandora was parked ~ again.. There's not a great deal to do to finish her, probably a few minor detail issues that a test build would nut out... Got a Camera.? Got paper..? You good at rolling .. 'toobes'...lol.? I just have to finish off the TTA Queen model, and then I could whip up some sort of basic part number /guide for the Pandora... PM if your Interested in test building her..

s33k3r

Oct 13, 2006
Thanks for the offer, but right now i overwhelmed with work. In about three weeks, i will (i hope), finally finish university:grin: :grin: :grin: . So at the moment i don't have much time available, but i'm sure there are others that will glady test-build the model.

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
no worries s33k3r.. I can relate to time constraints.. I'm sure she'll glide out of the hanger eventually..
:-D

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
I'm sorry this project got bogged down, for those interested in building the Pandora, it won't be long. The build itself should be relatively simple, Its just been a titanic struggle applying the textures to hull/cylinder so everything lines up.

Just as an update, attached is the part page for the Mid hull section. The Logo came up really nicely.. Thanks rojo.. !
:-D :-D

Gearz

Mar 13, 2006
OZ
Pheeeeeeww..... I could write reams about this model, on what NOT to do when designing. For a simple model its been nothing but trouble ( I wonder if its name had anything to do with it..??)

A BIG thank you to KevinG for test building it, and Rojo for providing the Pandora's logo

The bottom line ~ its as done as it ever will be..... and good ridens to it !!!

The PANDORA available HERE..

wall1