Crazy detailing

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by spitfire, Aug 30, 2003.

1. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

After I cut up my DPM kit to make a door for the bakery, I just had to get another one and make it as it was meant to be: an auto parts place.

Of course my main reason was so that I could put all these little parts in the window. I sure had fun taking an old watch apart to get all these eensy beensy pieces.

Attached Files:

2. Blake

Blake Member

Val, that's soooo cool!!! I noticed the time of your post was 3:16AM.....couldn't sleep so you detailed a building eh? Very nice work.
  3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Too Cool!! Now you're not allowed to sleep anymore :D :D :D :D You have to keep detailing stuff. :) :) :)
  4. Matt Probst

Matt Probst Member

Beautiful shop Val!!!:cool:

Matt--Hershey, Pa.
  5. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Way to go Val, thats beautiful work.
  6. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

That is beeeuuuutiful Val. That must have been fun working with those itty bitty parts.
  7. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

That looks great Val! Nice model. By the way, I'll be stopping by. My '92 Saturn needs a new main spring! :) Clever use of the watch parts in the window display
  8. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Nice work. Great detail.
    Lots of nice parts in those old watches.
  9. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Great modeling, Val! :cool:

You must have strange watches in Canada - at least ours don't have a compressor built in, like the one you used in the right window! :D :D :D

(Just kidding, the use of watch parts for fantasy details is really a GOOOOOOD idea!
  10. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Thanks everyone!

Hehehe, Ron - you've never heard of compressed air watches? I'm suprised! They're very common here!

Blake, you caught me. Couldn't sleep until I finished detailing the building.

And Ralph, it seems we're fresh out of mainsprings. Would a second hand help at all?

11. brakie

brakie Active Member

Val,Like always great modeling!:D But then I would not expect anything less from you my friend..You have that touch that makes a good model great..:D Keep up the great work..
  12. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

13. interurban

interurban Active Member

Good stuff Val , Given me some Idea`s TA.;)
  14. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Very realistic Val. You have a great imagination. The model is excellent with the display windows and all
  15. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Tedious, but well worth the effort.

16. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Gees...Posting at 3:00am...I was just getting up to go to work.
    Excellent looking work Val.
    Caan't wait to see more.
  17. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Very nice Val!!!! :cool:
  18. jmarksbery

jmarksbery Active Member

Looks super Val, my only problem is I can't get the damn watch apart, Rolex builds them right! :rolleyes: :) :p
  19. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Hehe Jim, as you see - this is a Swiss product! Massive quality, ain't it? :D :D :D

I'm glad Val found a Canadian one - even one with a compressor! (Must be easier to take apart...) Val, do your clocks run faster with compressors? ;)

20. K.V.Div

K.V.Div Member

Fantastic modeling Val, Very well done!:cool: