Crazy detailing

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
After I cut up my DPM kit to make a door for the bakery, I just had to get another one and make it as it was meant to be: an auto parts place.

Of course my main reason was so that I could put all these little parts in the window. I sure had fun taking an old watch apart to get all these eensy beensy pieces.

cheers
Val

Attachments

• parts1.jpg
    parts1.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 316

Ralph

Remember...it's for fun!
Jun 18, 2002
St. Paul, MN
Visit site
That looks great Val! Nice model. By the way, I'll be stopping by. My '92 Saturn needs a new main spring! :) Clever use of the watch parts in the window display
Ralph

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Great modeling, Val! :cool:

You must have strange watches in Canada - at least ours don't have a compressor built in, like the one you used in the right window! :D :D :D

Ron

(Just kidding, the use of watch parts for fantasy details is really a GOOOOOOD idea!

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks everyone!

Hehehe, Ron - you've never heard of compressed air watches? I'm suprised! They're very common here!

Blake, you caught me. Couldn't sleep until I finished detailing the building.

And Ralph, it seems we're fresh out of mainsprings. Would a second hand help at all?

Val

brakie

Nov 8, 2001
Bucyrus,Ohio
Visit site
Val,Like always great modeling!:D But then I would not expect anything less from you my friend..You have that touch that makes a good model great..:D Keep up the great work..

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Hehe Jim, as you see - this is a Swiss product! Massive quality, ain't it? :D :D :D

I'm glad Val found a Canadian one - even one with a compressor! (Must be easier to take apart...) Val, do your clocks run faster with compressors? ;)

Ron