Crawler Transporter 1/96 card model

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Cyana, Sep 11, 2009.

1. epper

epper New Member

Awesome Model

Hi Cyana:

A quick question. You stated that there is a trilogy of projects involved with the crawler. Can we assume that the crawler is engineered in such a way that it will support the weight of the LUT and S5 stack when they become available? I can't wait for parts 2 and 3!!!!

2. Greenman

Greenman Member

Very Cool

I bought the old Revel launch tower years ago and have always been disappointed with the fact that they skimped on the MLP and Crawler (not that the rest of the model doesn't need a lot of work too).

What an incredible build!
  3. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

MicroArtworks Crawler Transporter 1:96 scale

Congratulations, Cyana,

on completing so successfully this amazing one-of-a-kind real space model! The ten years spent on the development has really paid off well - it is a true masterpiece.

It is also a beautiful tribute to man's largest feat of moveable engineering - I can't wait to see what you can do with the Saturn V LUT… the best of success with that model, too!

Thanks for sharing all those detailed 'Zoom' images - the super-detailing on this model is out of this World.

/Bengt in Stockholm :wave:
  4. bigfan

bigfan New Member

Great work :D
  5. ustercluck

ustercluck New Member

WoW! Smaller than I thought too.
  6. Cyana

Cyana New Member

Dear all,

thank you very much for your enthusiastic comments :) !

to answer your questions

1. Yes, the model kit is now availabe. Please look at for details.

2. Yes, the Crawler is the first part of a trilogy. Next part will be the MLP with the LUT, the last part the Saturn V with the Apollo spacecraft.

3. The model ist strong enough to bear the weight of Revell's Saturn V model

Thanks to the great people of the Crawler team at NASA, I was allowed to visit the real thing :)

best greetings and thanks
  7. dhanners

dhanners Member

So which one is Cyana?
  8. Cyana

Cyana New Member

*ggg* the guy next to my wife ;)
  9. dhanners

dhanners Member

Why was I laboring under the mistaken impression that Cyana was a female? I seem to recall others thinking that, too. Oh well. Sorry for my error. Whatever the gender, the Crawler/Transporter appears to be one of the finest card models, ever.
  10. Cyana

Cyana New Member

Very sorry on the confusion. 'Cyana' is an artificial nick name I created instead for my real name 'Mischa' nearly 15 years ago because was is free in every forum I came across. It still mostly is ;) , so I do not have to think about forum names at all.

Thank you again for your kind words on the Crawler kit ! It even will be built by the C/T crew and displayed at KSC visitor complex, something that makes me very very proud :)

best greetings
    Mischa aka Cyana
  11. Greenman

Greenman Member

This model is an incredible accomplishment. You deserve nothing less than to have it proudly displayed in such a well visited facility.

I only wish that I had the time and dedication (10 years?) for such an incredible attention to detail. I'm proud to be in the presence of master craftsmen, you and all of the other fine modelers in this forum
  12. astralwanderer

astralwanderer New Member

I recently bought this kit it is beautiful!!! To some it may be pricey but the level of work that went into this kit makes it worth it. Congrats Cyana absolutely amazing work and thanks for the quick responses during ordering.
  13. Marcelo43

Marcelo43 New Member

Nice work!

I'm looking forward to get my hands on this kit.... and what I miss the most is a paper booster and solid rockets 1/72 to go with the orbiter and this platform.... that would make a nice diorama...
    Congratulations Cyana :inw:
  14. merzo

merzo New Member