Crawler Transporter 1/96 card model

Discussion in 'Space & Aeronautics' started by Cyana, Sep 11, 2009.

1. Cyana

Cyana New Member

Dear all,

I'm happy to announce that the Crawler Transporter project is nearly finished after 9 years of investigations, drawings, cursing, suiciding, and countless resurrections. The kit will be presented at the GoModelling in March 2010, and from that point on will be available.

At the moment, the last stages of the test build are ongoing - the chassis is nearly finished, and the 3 missing trucks are currently built by helpful persons who volunteered as beta-testers.

[​IMG] Zoom

A render from the used mesh, done with Rhino 3D and Air 8.0. The mesh actually represents the 10.400 parts of the model, and not the real Crawler.

[​IMG] Zoom
    Here you can see finished Corner A together with the truck. Note that everything is paper made.

[​IMG] Zoom
    The chassis with the finished sides 3 and 4.

[​IMG] Zoom
    The ladder at side 4. The coloring reflects the state as it was at the time of the moon landing back in 1969.

best greetings
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

Have to agree, nice build.
  3. marcovanhattum

marcovanhattum New Member

Hi Cyana,

That's great news! I saw the photos on your own site the other day, it certainly looks incredible!

4. bigfan321

bigfan321 New Member

Did you know Lucasfilms basically kitbashed a REAL one of these suckers to make the Jawa sandcrawler in two scenes.
  5. cdavenport

cdavenport Member

That is an astounding level of detail. I suspect the sticker price will come as a shock considering the expectation that paper modeling is an inexpensive hobby.

For my part, any model that detailed/complex, regardless of the medium, commands a respectable price one that I am willing to pay.

Bring it on!
  6. Cyana

Cyana New Member

Dear all,

thank you for your kind comments ! Below you find the latest pictures from the finished chassis. At the moment, two brave beta-builders are constructing 2 of the 3 still missing trucks. I, for myself, am busy with optimizing the pages for the offset print to minimize the costs, and testing tons of different paper brands for the optimum result.

[​IMG] Zoom

Closeup of Corner B. Everything is paper made, and contents of the kit. If you, however, don't want to spend ages for completing the model, you can omit most of the tiny parts without loosing too much of detail.

[​IMG] Zoom

The interface to the MLP at Corner D.

Once the optimization of the pages is done, I will get a clear picture of the production costs from the printing facility.

best greetings
    Cyana from MicroArtwork
  7. peter taft

peter taft Senior Member

This is ABSO-BLOODY-LUTELY fantastic - What a seriously GREAT piece of paper engineering.... GOBSMACKED :eek: and SPEECHLESS, :eek: the latter being rare for me :twisted:.
    WOW !
  8. Cyana

Cyana New Member

Hello Peter,

thank you very much for your kind comment :) !!!! Meanwhile, the layout for the kit is finished and I'm working on the building instructions and the last missing Truck - hopefully it all will be finihed till March.

best greetings
    Cyana from MicroArtwork
  9. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

You'll notice that when Peter's speechless he still can't stop talking. :p

I've watched your work on the crawler for years now Cyana. Hard to believe it's approaching completion. Your patience is apparently inexhaustible. Congratulations on completing a monumental work!
  10. Space Boy

Space Boy Member

GO CYANA GO GO!!!:thumb: Great job; do not need to say anything more; great job!
  11. Nath Smith

Nath Smith New Member

OMG that is amazing!! you must have an infinate amount of patientce buddy
  12. va6rly

va6rly New Member

I'm gonna need to clear out some space if I want to build and display a model like that.
  13. Groovin_fusion

Groovin_fusion New Member

14. Cyana

Cyana New Member

Dear all,

thank you very much for your kind comments on the Crawler Transporter model. The kit and also the building instructions are finished besides a detail that members of the CT crew made me aware of - the cable reel on Side 2. It was much smaller on the historic Crawler than it is today, nevertheless it was there and I'm still busy to figure out some more details.

Other than that, the kit is finished and will go into production in the next few weeks. It consists of 11,314 parts, however these include a simplified version of the belts, so the total of the finished model is only around 10,500 parts.

On the prototype, two and a half trucks are built by now.

I've included a 1 US Cent coin on some pictures to give you an idea about the size of the model.

On the historic Crawler, also the blower housings in front of the propel motors were battleship grey. This error is corrected in the kit.

best greetings
    Cyana from MicroArtwork
  15. WeeVikes

WeeVikes Member

I am absolutely gobsmacked...

That is unbelievable!

Cyana, you have to win the prize for the most incredible, detailed model in the history of this hobby.

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

16. ennder

ennder Member

Unbelievable, absolutely UNBELIEVABLE!!

Wonderful work, Stunning detail..... someone help me here... please... I don't have enought words to do justice to this lvl of skill in model designing and building.

Cyana, PLEASE let us know when this is ready for sale. I GOT to have one!
  17. dhanners

dhanners Member

Stunning. A masterpiece of design and craftsmanship.

Any idea what the kit will cost?
  18. astralwanderer

astralwanderer New Member

What an awesome creation can't wait to start building it.
  19. didano

didano New Member

wow, beautiful model
  20. sprtnsky

sprtnsky New Member

crawler\transporter by cyanama

It is Done

Contact Cyana to order one