CP's new AC4400's.

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by SD90, Jun 26, 2004.

1. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Here is some pictures of one of the 41 brand new AC4400's CP Rail just bought. I got to take this one to Field the other day, it still had that, " new locomotive smell"!

2. Rusty Spike

Rusty Spike Member

Thanks for the great photos - it's not often you get to see the proto in shiny brand new colors - or is that colours? wink, wink
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

SD90, Great Photo's :thumb: :thumb:
  4. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Thats one big beast Mike. How much horsepower does it produce?
  5. SD90

SD90 Active Member

It's rated at 4400 HP, but when they are pulling a heavy load, I've seen the display go up to 4600 HP. It's really neat, it will tell you about everything the locomotive is doing.
  6. interurban

interurban Active Member

Very nice shots Mike,, John at the CP yards T/O said they were waiting for a delivery of 40 I think he said SD 4700.series is that right??
  7. railwaybob

railwaybob Member

Love that CP Beaver logo. I just picked up two of the Kato AC4400s in CP colours. My ambition one of these days is to ride in the cab from Lake Louise, down to Field and on to Revelstoke. Ah, ain't it nice to dream.
  8. SD90

SD90 Active Member

I found out that this unit was put into service on June 12th, so it is very new!
  9. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Yes, I love that new/old logo too. So much better than the pacman logo they had before.

Great shots Mike!! Thanks for posting this scoop! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

And yes Rusty, that's COLOURS around here! LOL

10. siderod

siderod Member

11. davidmbedard

davidmbedard Member

Ah....Not dirty enough for me.
  12. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

Great shots, Mike and David....