CPR Visit - Thanks Interurben

gibbs

I would like to thank Chris for organizing an exciting afternoon at the McCowan CPR yard. It was good to meet fellow Gauge members and our CP tour guide, John D., did an amazing job.

I can say that it was a very eye opening and informative (and FUN!!!:D) experience. Here are some pics from the visit. I'm sure others will post more.

Thanks again Chris.

gibbs

Pic #4

Inside the cab of an SD40-2. (Loco in previous pic)

Attachments

• dcp_0683-mod.jpg
    dcp_0683-mod.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 50

gibbs

Pic #5

Here's proof of an operational, pit style turntable. John even took us for a spin:p.

Attachments

• dcp_0693-mod.jpg
    dcp_0693-mod.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 47

interurban

Hi Scott, it was great meeting up with you:)
Did we have fun or what;) ;) ;) ;) :D
Nice photos my friend, I posted mine in photo scenery section.
Take a peep.
btw John said he had a great time to, and will do it again next year:D :D :D

YES PLEASE:p ;) :D

Duckman

Yard Tour

I also would like to thank Chris for organizing the yard tour.We all had a great time. It was a pleasure to me fellow Gauger Scott at the tour. Our tour guide John did a great job, after working the yard for 25yrs. this guy knew his stuff. I truly think he was having more fun than us. I will say that I learned so much that afternoon, and I have new plans for my roundhouse / turntable and car shop. After seeing it in real life, It gets you thinking.Anyway, I,m signed up for the next one and I strongly urge you guys to go if you haven,t yet. When Chris and Scott post more pics, I know you will enjoy them, Duckman...

interurban

Here is one for you scott .
John D showing us the out side stores , these are hangers.:cool:

Attachments

• p5070054.jpg
    p5070054.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 25