CP Derailment near Renfrew Ont.

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Eastbound CP train headed for Thunder Bay derailed just west of Renfrew Ontario at about 8 am on Sunday, Feb 20.

Fortunately there were no injuries.

13 cars were involved, carrying powdered nickel and copper concentrate. There was some spillage of the nickel. The train was operated by Ottawa Valley Railway, a subsidiary of CP.

Apparently 5 to 7 of the rear cars are off the rails and rolled over in a farmers field.

Val

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
i was there on saturday and sunday.
Hulcher Canada cleared the wrecked cars, some company is going tocome up cut them up on site this week coming. OVR and local construction companies worked to relay I am guessing 1/4 mile of track, snap track laid in place. first train ran thru the area 36 hours or so after the wreck heading west.
all minor stuff I guess

stuart_canada

Feb 12, 2005
the trucks said hulcher canada on them and iknow they are in the USA too, seen the trucks there when I lived in the USA. So one of the two is the parent company not sure who is who

Diesel John

Mar 30, 2004
Whitby Ontario
Visit site
Re Hulchers...

There from Ohio USA, but also have moved into the great white north, there on call for both CP & CN and anyone else that needs there expertise. It's quite a show when they roll in with all there equipment.