Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by KCS, Jul 10, 2005.

1. KCS

KCS Member

Anyone using the new Kadee #118 "SF" Shelf couplers yet? I got my order in a couple day's ago for 25 packs and after installing them on the proper car's like tank, grain, and hazardous cargo cars, (passenger too.) they look great. How ever I recommend them for those of you who have lot's of coupling problems with your passenger cars where where you have up/down joints. They function like the prototype it helps keeping car's coupled during derailments and preventing car overturns or telescoping. They are how ever a bit more difficult to uncouple using a "mini" screw driver or pointed object between the knuckles like some of us do but still have the trip pin for those of you who use track magnets. I haven't had not one midtrain uncouple sense I changed out alot of the #5's. #5's, 58's and so on even stay coupled to a 118 because of the top and bottom lip that catchs the adjoining car's kunckle preventing it from going to far up or down. :thumb: Then again I'm just rambling but it could be useful to someone.

2. petey

petey Member

Interesting information. I'm sure many of us experience trains breaks. Also, have you seen the Kadee #148 "Whisker". Eliminates the separate centering spring, and looks like a McHenry. HA!:)