Couple pics of my layout progress

Victorsmalls

Oct 8, 2005
Just a couple pics of my layout progress. things are still far from finished, but its a start.

Couple Loco pics as well.

556f8f02.jpg

87fd512f.jpg

81efb5af.jpg

8cd59df0.jpg

e507a596.jpg

ece215c9.jpg

89ae6cd0.jpg

Trains12-27-05007.jpg

6aacc16c.jpg

Trains12-27-05003.jpg

I am new to trains, but greatly appreciate all of the help I have recieved at the Gauge.

tverskaya

Dec 28, 2005
Nice layout. Overall colours look a bit bright to me (especially given the large 'soccer pitch' in the middle and the autumn tree colours. Any plans for the big green field in the middle?

Victorsmalls

Oct 8, 2005
Not positive on the center space. I was thinking about adding a 3 bay rolling stock "garage" building. Then maybe just adding a water feature like a pond and stream. Over the next month I plan on cleaning things up and doing some blending of colors to break things up a bit. Thanks for the comments and any advice is appreciated.

tverskaya

Dec 28, 2005
Just some random ideas from the top of my head: For the middle part a low, densely wooded hill, with a road running over it might be a nice feature functioning as a scenic divider. A nice busy railyard on the foreground, and maybe a little road winding to a tiny settlement on the top of the large hill on the background. Adding more colour will definately give it a more life-like appearance.

Pooh Bah
Mar 25, 2002
Brampton, Ontario, Canada
Visit site
I'm not even getting the red X. :curse:

Floyd: red X usually means that the pictures are not accessible. Can be that the server they are on is not available, that the server won't talk to theGauge or Zealot or that they've been deleted. Also happens when someone new to the forum tries to link to pix that are located on his personal computer. May also happen if your server filters them out for some reason. wall1