Couple of ???

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by RockStarZeus, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RockStarZeus

RockStarZeus Member

I have a couple of questions.

One-I recently bought a Traxxas Stampede. Overall I am very happy w/ the truck but I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for improving the performance of this truck and where to get aftermarket parts. I already dumped the bushings for ball bearings but the Traxxas web site doesn't offer many upgrade parts for the Stampede.

Two-Is a Tamiya TrailMaster a decent truck? Mostly I am wondering about upgradabilty and performance parts availability...

Thanks in advance for any info you can give me...

Zeus
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

3. RockStarZeus

RockStarZeus Member

Nevermind the trailmaster question. The description at Towerhobbies told me all I needed to know
  4. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

:D Are you sort of new to the hobbie, kind of just a general question I like to ask to some new commers to the site?
  5. RockStarZeus

RockStarZeus Member

I've been into R/C for years but only in the last few years (after joining Army) have I had the money to buy anything decent. I still have a lot to learn I'm sure...;)

PS-Thanx for the parts info on the Stampede (electric)
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

Is that esc a forward/reverse or just a forward only?

Ps back lol: Not a problem!
  7. RockStarZeus

RockStarZeus Member

Forward/Reverse w/ Braking
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

ok. Because wiht a forward only esc you are saposta use a Scotchy Diode on the motor, this is to protect the brake fetts, but since u don't have 1 that is out of the problem
  9. For the stampede buy a novak esc and then buy the lowest turn motor, look at rpm for aftermarkets. also dump masher2000 tires from proline
  10. What does the shotkey diode do
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well if he was to put the lowest turn motor on it he wouldn't get much for run time :(
  12. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

tje scotchy diode helps forward only esc's break fets stay cool and pretty much don't let them get distroyed lol but YOU CAN'T USE THESE ON YOUR FORWARD AND REVERSE ESC'S
  13. Where can you get them
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.