couple of pics of one of my Rustlers snaping off t

Discussion in 'RC Onroad Forum' started by timrock, Mar 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mastmec

mastmec Member

Resistance of the wire. The length used for ten turns is much less than
    15 turns of the same wire. Less resistance means more electricity can be passed. This also goes for wire size. The larger the wire size the less resistance there is and the faster the motor will run.
  2. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i still dont understand why the lower turn mod moters cost more
  3. timrock

timrock Active Member
    get this speed control
    get this motor

run 9-10 cells.

if you need a scamatic for wiring the cells in series i can do that for you.

try this set up first.this set up alone might over wehlm your driving other words,it will haul as s! it might be too fast for need to make a scamatic for what i do.yet.

you also need these conectors.

any questions on how to hook it up just ask me
  4. timrock

timrock Active Member

less turns means more amp draw and more power taken from the battery pack inturn making you car faster.wire size?.them Flat wire arms from Trinity are interesting.the wire is larger to carry more amps as a higher # of winds.yet they are closer to the center of the shaft which would eliminate the loss of torque from having more winds.that is a very goog idea for Brushed motors.
  5. timrock

timrock Active Member

good idea not goog
  6. monsterrcbuilder04

the problem is that i dont have the money because i need to get new shocks. so i can get a new motor but not esc. how good is the mtronics tempo? its not really cheaper but i wanted to know.
  7. timrock

timrock Active Member

the motor and ESC i suggested costs less than $60 for is the best as far as the is even better than some of the expensive stuff.
  8. monsterrcbuilder04

well that setup is $60 and the tempo is $35 which is $5 less than the streak so i wanted to know which was better not which cost less
  9. timrock

timrock Active Member

not sure about the unit you are talking about but the Streak can handle 10 cells with a 12 turn motor.thats alot of power!
  10. monsterrcbuilder04

ya that is a lot of power.
  11. timrock

timrock Active Member

well that should be plety of power for what you are looking to do.
  12. monsterrcbuilder04

13. punkerboy_69

punkerboy_69 Member

i run that esc, ans a speed gems 2, also 12 cells and my onroad only does like 35-40, wtf? its reard high, but not to high
  14. timrock

timrock Active Member

yea alot depends on the gearing.what kind of speed control are you running 12 cells with?
  15. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

trinity d5 flatliner, 13 turn single, silver lead and deans, 2 20 min runs on it, cap built on, 50 $+ship , traded my electric car and bateries, just cashing out my electric rc stuff to pay for a prototype, this didnt go with , as i payed 100$ for it and ran it 2 times,
  16. timrock

timrock Active Member

what prototype are you talking about?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.