Could you recommend a model rr shop in Europe?

I might be visiting Europe late this year. In particular, I'd be in Nijmegen, the Netherlands. Perhaps you could recommend a model RR shop in Europe? Cities within the Netherlands, Belgium, and probably France would be fine. I'm looking for ordinary model rr products that are a little easy on the budget. I do know that products are expensive there. So I'll give a little leverage. ;) Btw, I'm modelling US railroads (more in the 1950's). My preferrences are Bachmann, Athearn, and Atlas products, but if there are more economical options, I'll give it a try. :)

Russ Bellinis

Feb 13, 2003
Lakewood, Ca.
Visit site
Mike, you can also add Lifelike Proto 2000 to your list of good stuff at reasonable prices. I'm not sure how much of that stuff goes to Europe, though.
I don't know who would be familiar with hobby shops in the countries you mentioned though. The only person I can think of from Continental Europe is Bernhard who frequently posts on the "Scratchin & Bashin" forum as "models of 1900". You might go to that forum and send him an email or private message to see if he could help you. There is also a guy I remember seeing on here from Switzerland, but I don't remember his user name and I don't remember seeing him post much lately.

nkp174

Oct 10, 2006
Cincinnati, O.
There is a fairly decent sized US modeling community in Europe. You might also want to check with Ulf...he's also a US modeler from that side of the pond. You can probably find them by searching on railserve.