Corrugated Iron Sheet

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
Can anyone tell me what width and length corrugated sheet metal came in during the 1930's, 1940"s?
Thanks
MT Hopper

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
I have discovered several different widths and lengths but cannot find out which ones are applicable to my time period. 3ft wide by 6,8,10,12ft long. 26 inches wide by 6 ft long. 35" wide by 6 ft long.
Then there is the issue of ripple iron sheet for siding and 10/3 for the roof. When did 8/3 and 10/3 become common in roof use?
Cheers
MT Hopper

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
I should have seen that reply coming Dave. Good one!
Cheers from the Heart of the Continent
MT Hopper

tjohn

Paper Creek Models makes the best roof materail I've ever seen. They have corrugated metal roofing in three different phases of rust. They are in the correct length and width. You should check out there web site.
http://papercreek.com

Mountain Man

Tar paper roofing and wood walls...but no real info on corrugated metal beyond saying that they "do it". :confused:

One of our members makes his own, and his techniques are well described in the scratch building section of this forum. Might be worth a look.

MT Hopper

MT Hopper
Tar paper roofing and wood walls...but no real info on corrugated metal beyond saying that they "do it". :confused:

One of our members makes his own, and his techniques are well described in the scratch building section of this forum. Might be worth a look.
Thank you Mountain Man. Found the forum spot and it solves a problem for me in my large scale models. Thanks again
Cheers
MT

ecenur

Paper Creek Models makes the best roof materail I've ever seen. They have corrugated metal roofing in three different phases of rust. They are in the correct length and width. You should check out there web site.
http://papercreek.com

They make good roofing material but, what are the prices like? Do you know of any other company/store that provides good materials for a reasonable price. I have been using scraps from when my roofing was done as my material there's a bit left, so i'm looking to find places that are selling them for a reasonable amount.