Corona Spy Satellite

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
Not sure if anyone remembers, but a few years ago, back when I had just started designing, I did a "model" of the Corona satellite. Being horribly inaccurate, toylike, and just outright garbage, I figured that I might as well do a new model of the Corona.
Although the program has been declassified, I'm still wary for whatever reason about the various drawings and photographs on the internet about the Satellite. So, a lot of this model is based on one technical drawing found on globalsecurity.org, with some conjecture to fill in the blanks, and some other reference material.

Film return capsules:
AjCjnSe.png

A large portion of the actual camera bus:
Az8A1YD.png

Even though it's my first attempt at trying to do some sort of lens effect, I'm happy as to how it turned out!
aJ60VRF.png

RocketmanTan

Mar 21, 2010
New York, NY
rocketmantan.deviantart.com
Great, Zathros, now I want to pop open a cold one.... :p

All the parts are done, now! Just have to make a base and think up a good cover page design. Fun.

I based the last bit of the satellite on the Agena Docking Vehicle, which itself is based on the RM-81 Agena. I'm pretty sure it's not quite like the actual Agena, but then again, the satellite itself isn't an original Agena.

lvwnCzy.png