Cornerstone Roundhouse - N Scale

Connor

Jan 25, 2005
Also, anyone put one of these together? Apparently I'm suppose to install the rails.. I'm using Code 55 on my layout, will that work okay for this? Would code 80 be better? (The turntable has code 80) What's the best way to secure the track? What's the best way to feed this track with power? Should I go ahead and extended the track with ties attached on the outside of the roundhouse for the 1 15/16" spacing requirements for going to the turntable?

Thanks, Connor

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
You can use code 55 rail in the roundhouse. It will require that you raise the code 55 rail to match the top of the code 80 rail on the turntable or lower the turntable to match the roundhouse and the approach tracks. I suspect that smaller rail would have been used in a roundhouse as it is in yards. Now that I think of it, theres a good topic for discussion. Does anybody know for sure?

Connor

Jan 25, 2005
So, what about securing the track to the round house? and should I just extended the track with ties attached the 1 15/15" outside the round house?

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
I used super glue to attach the rail in the single stall engine house that I just finished. Does your roundhouse have work pits or just a flat floor? I left the ties on the outer end of my track and made up a wooden gauge to keep everything aligned inside the building until the glue set up. Don't use too much glue and get things stuck where you don't want them.

Connor

Jan 25, 2005
Yea, this one has inspection pits. I'm using foam for my benchwork top, so no biggie there.