1. Ladies & gentlemen, I would like to announce that there is a new photo gallery section. You can create your own personal photo gallery (to include setting up your own albums). You can even post videos. You can also post and share photos in the galleries of others (if that person allows such), as well . ENJOY!!!

CorelDraw Essentials 2

Discussion in 'Software' started by wunwinglow, Mar 9, 2004.

1. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

.. gets a good review in UKs April 2004 PC Plus magazine. At only £56 (inc. VAT) here in the UK, it will export as pdf, and seems to have most of the useful drawing tools you need. There are some photo editting and organising progs with it, but the review isn't very complimentary about them, but the drawing package is worth the asking price alone. I will try to find out with which version of CorelDraw it equates.

You can probably pick up older versions of CorelDraw at good prices too. Version 9 reads and exports directly in pdf format, which will be of great interest to some designers.

This issue of PC Plus also has a review of CorelDraw Graphics Suite 12. £210 to upgrade, £422 full install. Hmm....

Tim
  2. Darwin

Darwin Member

Corel Draw 9 is often available at very low cost on Ebay, which is where I got my copy just after version 10 came out. It does a better job of importing .pdf files than Photoshop 7...but I would rather expect that, since Photoshop is bitmap. Some day I will get proficient using vector-formatted drawing packages....until then, Image Forge continues getting a workout.