Copper Ridge photos

roryglasgow

Well, my friend who has the nice digital camera forgot to bring it over last night; but being the moderately resourceful person that I am, I began experimenting with lenses to see if I could get better pictures out of my cheapo digital camera. I took the front lense off of my telescope and taped it to the front of the camera. Now I'm able to get somewhat clearer pictures at close ranges. You can even read the lettering on the rolling stock!

Below are some scenes from the Copper Ridge.

I've moved the town to the top level. The big station is now sitting where the little station used to be. Here's CRRy #10, Kristi's Club Car. This combine was weathered by Tyson. It's my favorite car!

Attachments

• kristicoachstation1.jpg
    kristicoachstation1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 171

roryglasgow

Here's another shot of the combine at the station. A point of interest here: Look at the windows on the end of the station. You can see the space between the window frame and the outer trim. That sort of detail wasn't possible with my camera before the modification.

Attachments

• kristicoachstation2.jpg
    kristicoachstation2.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 165

roryglasgow

Here is one of the better "reject" photos from those I took for the photo contest. I really like the angle in this shot, but it didn't come out as clear as the one I finally chose to submit.

Attachments

• bridge4.jpg
    bridge4.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 148

roryglasgow

This is one of my favorite areas on the layout. I wanted a section where the track ran through the forest...

Attachments

• forest.jpg
    forest.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 139

roryglasgow

Thomas the Tank Engine is coming to Texas! He'll be in Dallas October 28 through November 3, 2002. On the way to Dallas he stopped in Copper Ridge, Tennessee. Here he is sitting on a siding waiting for clearance to head up the branchline to Copper Ridge.

Attachments

• thomassiding.jpg
    thomassiding.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 142

roryglasgow

And here's Thomas at the station in Copper Ridge!

"Smoke and cinders," said Thomas. "This town needs some scenery!"

Attachments

• thomasstation.jpg
    thomasstation.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 137