Copper Ridge on the West Hill RR

roryglasgow

During my vacation last week, I got the time to sit down and work on my favorite engine and some of my rolling stock. With some paint and decals, I lettered a number of items for the Copper Ridge Railway. Here are some pics of the train on the West Hill RR at my office.

This first picture features a bobber caboose and two ore cars that were given to me by Tyson. He also lettered and weathered them. I think he did a fantastic job!

Attachments

• crry1.jpg
    crry1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 150
  • crry1.jpg
    crry1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 150

roryglasgow

The stock car on the left was formerly a yellow Union Pacific car. The boxcar was a blue Chessie.

The flat car is a kitbash made from the frame of a Bachmann stock car. I covered it in wood planks, and made a brake wheel from the original car's wheel and a bit of N-scale ladder. The load is made from <cue the fanfare> *blue foam* <end fanfare> and a little metal rod that came with a set of windshield wipers I put on my truck a while back. I knew that little doodad would come in handy one day... I covered it in a piece of Kleenex that I painted with watered-down gray paint. I used tan thread dipped in white glue for the ropes.

Attachments

• crry2.jpg
    crry2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 149
  • crry2.jpg
    crry2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 149

roryglasgow

I wish I had spelled out "Railway." Oh, well. I'm just happy that it ain't naked no more!

Attachments

• crry3.jpg
    crry3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 144
  • crry3.jpg
    crry3.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 144

roryglasgow

It's a little out of focus, but I thought this was a cool shot...

That's all for now!

Attachments

• crry4.jpg
    crry4.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 148
  • crry4.jpg
    crry4.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 148

roryglasgow

Nah, I haven't given up on the hobby. But time has been limited lately. I took last week off so I could get away from anything involving "work," and got to spend a little time tinkering with the trains. Now it's back to work... :(

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
It's good you were able to take some time of Rory.
Nice to see your photos. Those trees are just awesome
as is all the rolling stock.

Drew1125

Hey, it's great to see you "back in action" Rory!:D :cool: :cool: :D

Great modeling & photos, my friend!:cool: :cool: :cool:

I'm kinda embarrased, 'cause I still haven't gotten around to lettering my 2-8-0!:eek: :rolleyes: :D

btw...as always, those trees just knock me out!:cool: