Copper Ridge Mine

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Construction has been postponed again due to sickness, but this time it's been my wife. But I've been thinking about it a lot, if that counts!

Below is a sketch I've made for the mine. I'm going to attempt to build it using Robin's cereal box and paper exterior techniques. It's based on the Idaho Springs Mine by Campbell Scale Models.

Wish me luck! :)

Attachments

• mine.jpg
    mine.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 251
C

Catt

Rory,good luck on your mine building attempt.Hope the wife is feeling better soon.

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Rory my friend, I do hope your wife gets better soon, give her a BIG kiss from me. (On the quiet )

Shamus

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Kristi thanks you for all of the warm wishes. She's feeling much better now. In fact, she's been running circles around me the past couple of days. I'm really glad she's back on her feet. She doesn't get sick very often, and when she does it's scary... :eek: :eek: :eek:

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Rory
I'm pleased to hear your wife is feeling good again, nothing has value if one of the family is ailing.

I like your sketch, (quite the artist ain't ya :) ). I can visualise it just the way you drew it, nice and compact.
I'm posting a couple of pics here so that you might get a few ideas on adding even more character to your model. I personally like the "old" look about timber building and the photos show some interesting "panelling" or weatherboarding as well as using stonework and bricks. Hope you don't mind me posting them in here.

The pics are of a Volmer display for use by retailers. It was given to me by a great friend who operated a store in Germany. It's HO and fully motorised (the conveyor and shute flaps). It's probably about 20 yrs old and not available these days. Pity I have no space for it on my pike! :mad:

Hope it gives you ideas on colour and detail for your project.

Errol

Attachments

• volmer gravel silo.jpg
    volmer gravel silo.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 185

roryglasgow

Jun 3, 2001
Huntsville, TX USA
web.wt.net
Thanks for the kind wishes and especially for the prayers!

Now that I've had a few days to study the drawing, I'm thinking of making changes. I like that mine, Errol. About the only thing I'd do different is use corrugated metal roofing. I like rusty metal roofing on old wooden buildings! I've been using a screw to mold sheets of aluminum foil. (I got that idea from someone's website...don't remember who, though...)

Anyway, I need to think a little more about the modifications, then I'll draw another picture.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
Looks like a great project Rory. Can't wait to see it being built. Whats this not feeling well both you and your wife Kristi. Didn't you just move to get away from those kind of things.
How right you are when you say it is scary when the lady of your life doesn't feel well. Makes some of us kinda helpless.