Cool pictures of Duluth/Superior harbor,good ideas/reference for layout maybe?

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by CRed, Jan 13, 2007.

1. CRed

CRed Member

These aren't directly related to railroads,but there's some photos of the ore docks and various grain elevators and figure it could give some of you guys ideas on doing a harbor for your layout and maybe make a good reference.

2. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Great photos! I love getting up to Duluth a couple of times a year. Plenty for rail and ship fans!
  3. CRed

CRed Member

Yeah there is.Although there's alot more rail on the Wisconsin side of the harbor,they have the large yard over there in Superior.

I know some people like to put harbors on their layout so I figure it would give them some ideas with the photos of the grain elevators and ore docks.

I know the hobby shop here has a couple large models of Great Lakes steamers,the Edmund Fitzgerald and another one,not sure what it's named.If they're not HO scal;e the're probably pretty close or as close as your going to get anyways.

On a side note,there's a picture of the Anderson which so happens to be the last ship to have any contact with the Fitz' before she went down.

4. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I once saw the Anderson come through the canal....gave me chills...