Cool pic

zedob

I got lucky with this one. I took my wife out on an "after the ice storm" picture taking road trip. I just happened to be driving through Bondsville MA and was following the river and saw some ruins. Instead of following the road to the right I took the road to the left and followed it for about a quarter of a mile.

I saw the dam from the road, slammed on the brakes and jumped out. Once I was out of the truck I noticed a bridge abutment and stone pillars for a bridge that once held the tracks of the B&M (I found this out later). Relative to this pic, it stood back about 100 feet from where I was standing.

Anyways, I hopped sown to where the dam is and just stood there in amazement. It was like I was looking at a christmas card. Everything looked as though it was made of glass. I took my shots and left.

Later, after downloading from the camera I just sat there and stared at the pic. I thought "wow, this would make a really cool backdrop".

It's compressed here and really doesn't do the pic any justice. Actually, when looking at it in the high quality mode, it almost looks fake.

The added bonus: I noticed what appeared to be a road to the left of the pic. I thought that it would be neat if that were an old RR roadbed. after a little research (The Rail Lines of Southern New England by Ronald Karr) and Terra Serving I found out that it was. It the old Springfield, Athol & Northeastern ROW.

This scene is begging to be modeled.

Attachments

• Bondsville.jpg
    Bondsville.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 42

RailRon

Zedob, today we have a temperature in the mid-80s (about 30° C), so your pic is most welcome for cooling myself down a bit!

This is really a beautiful shot. IMO it also would make a wonderful Season's Greetings card, with the needed text in the sky and the snowfield in the foreground.

Ron

ezdays

Out AZ way
That's a really cool (ahem) shot.:cool::cool:

Let's see, if I could blow it up and paste it on my windows, would I get the feeling that it's not 110 degrees outside? That's the forecast for this week.:eek::eek:

zedob

glad you like it guys,

My first intention was to do a pen & ink of the scene. It looks pretty in b&W too. Maybe later.

I always wanted to do a winter scene for a layout. If I do, this would probably be it, but it won't be on my present layout.

zedob

>>That would make a nice jig-saw puzzel.<<

Funny, One of my kids mentioned that. Maybe I should think of doing it. I already deal with a steel rule die company for another project I'm working on.

Ahh, I've got too much on my plate right now.

Lets see...a bunch of money for steel rule, or... a bunch of money for nickel silver rail? Hummm, I think I'll go for the rail.

BTW, does anyone make RR related puzzles, other than the occasional generic train puz?