Cool Passenger Station

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Renovo PPR, Mar 15, 2007.

1. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

On the way home I pciked up a MTH Pennsylvania Operating Passenger Station Platform. You push a buttom and the passengers board the train. Well in truth they flip up and hide under the roof. :)

I think I'm starting to like the toys. :)
  2. bigsteel

bigsteel Call me Mr.Tinkertrain

sounds like fun,i wish i could animate my shole layout!that would be so cool.and where didi you buy that i might get one :D
  3. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

My LHS had them on backorder for just about two years and they came in today. I was lucky since he had a few extra. I don't know if I could wait two years for a order to come in.
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

I know I couldn't wait that long. :D
    Gotta call that one a great catch considering you got it at the right place at the right time. :thumb:
  5. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

my LHS got yours beat, they had something on backorder for 15 years before it came in.
  6. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

What the heck were they waiting on for 15 years??
  7. jefelectric

jefelectric Member

Those stations are nice, I have had one for about 5 years. If you position it so that a stopped train hides the platform, it works real well. The people are waiting on the platform, the train pulls in, you flip the switch and the train pulls out, the people have boarded the train. Repeat in reverse the next stop.

BTW, Jim's train shop has them & the similar Pittsburgh Brewing Co. loading platform.

If you can't find one local give him a call, a nicer individual you will not find.
  8. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

i dont know what it was, something in HO from walthers.
  9. ozzy

ozzy Active Member

whats this station cost ? whats the dementions?
  10. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Jim is cool I have made a few stops there. However he is a MTH man so I use my LHS for most things. Not too many more people as nice as Jim / Jims Train Shop and Tom from Tire Hill Sporting and Trains.

I paid $39 for mine and it is 9 3/4 by 3 1/2.
  11. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

I want the two extensions for my MTH iron bridge. I had my LHS order them the first part of January. MTH came back and said they would not be out till July. While I probably could of found them at another dealer I just said the heck with them and did with out them.