Cool Mi-24

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Willja67, May 20, 2006.

1. Willja67

Willja67 Member

My dad sent me these pics of this bird (pun intended) that our troops in Afghanistan painted up and it's currently terrorizing the terrorists over there.

Didn't really know where to put this because I wanted to put it in my gallery but the file size was too large and I didn't know how to resize so I put these pics in imageshack so I could show ya'll.
  2. rickstef

rickstef Guest

actually this Hind was painted by the Czech Air Force i beleive.

not sure where the pics were taken, but it is not Afghanistan

3. Willja67

Willja67 Member

okay my bad I just repeated what I was told but it's still a cool paint job
  4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Cool Hell-e!

Hey Willja, Image Shack has a link to a free image resizer if you go to your main page there and click on the tools link.
    I think it is made by Microsoft and it works really well.
    It gives you the choice of three different sizes to create.

5. Texman

Texman Guest

This Mi-24 belongs to the Hungarian Air Force. These pics have been around for a long time now.

6. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Cool, i was close

at least in the neighborhood

7. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

8. cygielski

cygielski Member

I wonder whom the Hungarians want to freak out so bad? The Hind is a pretty impressive bird to begin with, and with this paint job, it should scare the pants off almost anyone. Maybe they should stick some speakers on it to pipe through Wagnerian operas?
  9. dimas Karabas

dimas Karabas Member

They should lend this bird to the Americans, maybe they will have better luck in Irak with this monster.
  10. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

They pretty much already have the largest flying MI-24 airforce already.
  11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

I'm not sure, as I am going on memory and my memory is about as good as that of a trout, but in the back there somewhere attempting to surface is a note about the special paint job on the Hind being done for some sort of Air Meet or Show. Of course, I might be thinking of the special aircraft paint jobs for Tiger Meets and all, but there is something there about a Hind having a special paint job also.

In any case, it is defiinitely a beautiful job on a mean looking bird. 8v)

12. doc_harvey

doc_harvey Member

"They should lend this bird to the Americans, maybe they will have better luck in Irak with this monster."

Better "luck", huh? That was a tad insensitive...
  13. SMWulph

SMWulph New Member

DOn't get yrou hopes up. From what I was able to find out once a while ago. That bird was striped of it's paint job and then scraped do to Hungarian's budge going to s**t'sville. A sad ending to a beautiful bird indeed. :(