Conwing L-16 "The Seaduck"

mchale

beach boy
Jun 27, 2008
greenville pa
hi oh and if your reading this millenium falsehood mabey you could make other talespin planes and mabey higher 4 hire and louie's docks mabey like the pirate planes /iron vulture /gromman goose /khan transport planes/ thembrain fighters and transport / pirates seaplane /khans fighters and for reference there the site www.talespin sourcepage .com then go to aircraft you'll have a aircraft size comparision chart / a biography on each aircraft / blueprint for the seaduck. thanks mchale

mchale

beach boy
Jun 27, 2008
greenville pa
hi sorry for asking for so many planes you did an awsome job on the seaduck i also made about 4 customized ones there relly cool so did you paragon ha sokoroto id like 2 see you build if you're allowed

sokoroto

Feb 9, 2009
hi there

Hi mchale.I'll try to post some pics as soon as i manage,hopefully i'll finish also the large a3 version!!!
I'm even tempted to try making a rc a3 version but i dont know if it is possible because of the weight.The good news though are that there are many card rc models through so probably with powerfull enough engines it will fly!!
(By the way i made the pieces of the front and real wing to two large parts
and i cut the 2 wing cuts into the fuselage and in the two engine naceles.
I messed a bit on the a4 version but i'll try to make it better on the a3.)
Well asking the whole talespin airplane armada is a bit too much i think(still it is a dream of mine) but i would truly love if milleniumfalsehood would find some time to perfect the seaduck model with some better textures....(maybe a cockpit for an enlarged a3 version? I know i ask a lot but i truly believe milleniumfalsehood is incredibly talented...(his large scale star destroyer looks amazing...)

mchale

beach boy
Jun 27, 2008
greenville pa
Ha sokoroto thats a cool idea

Thats a cool idea about the rc version of the seaduck . An interior would be cool and little talespin figures and cargo to go in the seaduck . Wouldn't that be cool ?

Millenniumfalsehood

Mar 17, 2007
Ark City, Kansas
Hey guys, I'm sorry I haven't been on this thread in a while. I haven't touched any of my paper model designs in a coons' age, and I'm not really planning on it until this semester of college is over. I've got Trigonometry this year, which is a totally different animal from the Algebra I'm used to and requires a lot of computer research on my part to understand it, as well as a Public Speaking class which eats up a lot of my computer time doing Powerpoints and outlines for speeches. I hate to sound like I'm making excuses, but I just feel so burnt out of doing anything related to computers that involves the slightest bit of work. I promise, I'll get back to the Seaduck (and the AT-PT, and the Blastech E-11, and Imperial Star Destroyer, and all the other projects I've got on hold), but I just feel burnt out on this for the time being.

Another reason I haven't touched the Seaduck's texture in all this time is I'm just not sure of my talents with textures enough to give it a try. I'm going to have to build a true texture from scratch, because half of the old textures are just panel coloring, not true 'textures'. I'll get to it, just give me some more time to get used to Paint.NET. When I do a model I really want, I want to do it right, and I think I need to wait a bit more and practice a lot more before I can tackle this plane's texture. Things like rivets, panel lines, engine cylinders, rust stains, and patched bullet holes are holding me up for now, because frankly I'm at a loss as to how to do them.

Btw, when I do the textures *right* for the 'Duck, I'm going to tackle the CT-37. I already made a plastic model of the minuscule fighter, so I have a good reference for a paper model. :wink:

Y

Yanamation

Oh! How i love Seaduck! I'm a fan of it since when I first watch Talespin! I would like to download this model and built it!

Y

Yanamation

Where did u download the model? Could u send the paper model for so I could print out and built the Seaduck?

sokoroto

Feb 9, 2009
Go to the downloads section friend

Post some photos when you finish it!!!

I am still trying to find the time to finish an enlarged a3 version of it!

Vyceroy

Jan 21, 2010
Gastonia NC
Hi guys .. Im one of the guys from RC groups ..(Same name there) i do alot of paper models in foam for RC and would love to add this to my build list Paper and foam .. I am having a problem downloading it though .. says i dont have permission to access the page .. any ideas?? .. Nice job on the model Millenium ..

E

ekuth

Vyceroy:

Your post count needs to be slightly higher to access the downloads section. It's currently set at 10 posts to protect the work from folks who want to, well; get something for nothing.

The designers put alot of their personal time and energy into the models and the community; I like to see folks contributing to the forums in return.

Dig around, post some comments on other's work, even a build or two and you'll be there in no time.

Welcome to the forums! :thumb:

Vyceroy

Jan 21, 2010
Gastonia NC
Ok i think the paper model Gods are against me :mrgreen:.. Every time i try to open the Sea Duck model in pepakura it gives an error and shuts down .. i can open other models just not the duck .. :confused:

Vyceroy

Jan 21, 2010
Gastonia NC
Ok redownloaded it and it opens now .. all i can say is fantastic .. this is definitely going to foam and Radio control.. Thanks Millennium

thokamous

Feb 4, 2010
Missouri
hey if you are looking for reference stuff i would say maybe the old PBY catalina the navy used in world war 2 would be your best bet as i think the seaduck was a direct knock off