Conway Scenic RR Station

mrazz

Hi, I live in New Hampshire. I am new at scratch building and my question is: has anyone ever attempted to build the Conway Scenic RR Station? I have the Model Railroader book " HO Trackside Structures You Can Build" which has instructions and plans for this particular building. Some of the instructions are a bit confusing. Just want to see if anyone out there has attempted this, maybe we talk.

Thanks, Mark

I have the same issue of Model Planning from forever ago!

After re-scaling the dimensions, I tried building this station 3 times in 1/29 scale (G) for my outdoor railroad...Each time I got the framing done I'd set it aside and work on something else. A couple years later I would try it again with different materials. Still not done! haha

I actually worked for CSRR for a couple seasons, some of my fondest railroading experiences!

Edavillenut

I have heard that a kit of this station will be coming out with in the next year.
It is going to be laser cut wood and is being built of drawings and measurements that were taken form the station it self......

The reason I know this is I am that person.
I have been working on this project for about a year now. I will be going back to Conway august 2nd to get some more detail photos and measurements.

to see a photo click here

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/edavilleman/IMG_0217.jpg

the photo is of the inner structure of the roof and the towers. This is a pre production model what you see may or may not be how the kit is going to come out. This is just so I can see how everything fits as I design it.

thank you
Shawn Cavaretta
MinuteMan Scale Models