Continuous feed inking systems for Epson printers

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Ron, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Ron

Ron Member

Hi guys :)

As usual, my ink has run dry. I heard someone mention CFS for printers and my jaw dropped. Anyways, I went looking around the net and came across
    3 or 4 systems that look very very promising. Has anyone ever played with these before? For those of you that don't know what it is, it's a system using external bottles of ink that feed the print heads through adapted cartridges and tubing. The reason I'm asking is that when I called one particular company, the company manager actually got on the phone with me. After telling him about what we did here, and mentioning I'd be interested in a unit and possibly an affilliate program, he surprised the heck out of me.
    He asked me if I would be interested in distributing the systems.

What do you guys think? It might be a good way to get some excellent prices on these.

2. wunwinglow

wunwinglow Active Member

Cooo! I'm interested! Which model printers do they work with? And how do they get around those danged chips?

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

Tiim P
  3. Ron

Ron Member

Hiya Tim :)
    Here's a list of what they support.
    Each one uses the proper ink type (pigment or dye) in 4 oz bottles.
    I think it was up to like 710ml of ink with each system
    These things ain't cheap:( Retail for them is 179.00 and 250.00 for the 2200 version. The thing is, I think we can substantially reduce that price.
    The chips they use are really neat. To reset them, you just power down the printer for 30 seconds.
    The other thing the guy mentioned to me was the availability A4 78lb
    'waterproof' paper in low lustre and high gloss. The stuff is made by some big co. in Japan and is supposed to really survive a dunk in the tub. Might be good for our guys and their ships. I'm going to look into this a bit more
    as it might be a viable business to get into. I wish it wan't Friday as every call I made to other companies was met with the dreaded answering machine by the time I was all excited

Epson Photo 780/785exp/790/825/870/875/890/895
    Epson Photo 900/1270/1280/1290.
    Epson Photo 810/820/925
    Epson Stylus Photo 950/960
    Epson Stylus C80
    Epson Stylus C82
    Epson Stylus C64/C84
    Epson Stylus CX 5200/5400
    Epson Stylus Photo 2100/2200 (this one wasn't up to par yet..something to do with the ink quality)
  4. Leif Oh

Leif Oh Member

I have an Epson C80 and will follow developments on this issue with interest. It is a small fortune everytime I have to change cartridges, so if it works (and doesn't clog up if not used for some time), I'll be at least interested.

Leif Oh
  5. Square

Square Member

sounds like you found what I wasn't able to Ron ... with those systems a person could do there own kit for sale at home and never have to see the printer guy :)
  6. Ron

Ron Member

I love the idea too! Lets see what comes of this. I have calls and emails in to a few more companies. My issue is this.. I don't want to be selling anything that is difficult for the end user to set up and I want to make sure that parts and ink are always available. I also want to be able to test a unit before I start selling them. I'll fill you guys in as soon as I hear.

All the best

7. Gil

Gil Active Member

I have visions of an Epson printer on an IV drip...,

Best, Gil
  8. Ron

Ron Member

Gil, thats exactly what it looks like!!
  9. Square

Square Member

I could see having 2 of those
    1 doing regular ink
    and the second doing metalics?
    hmmmmmmm and as for ink thats no problem the ink refill shop would do that for a lot lesss
  10. Gil

Gil Active Member

Egads but cool!

What's the price on a C80?

11. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Cool! I might be up for one also. Hope things work out, Ron.

12. Ron

Ron Member

Things are looking better all the time :)
    I'll keep you all posted as soon as things get rolling. First things are first, I have requested samples from 3 manufacturers of these systems. The last thing I want to do is order up a few dozen and have them prove unworthy.
    They *will* be put through their tests before any are sold at all.

talk soon :)

13. jrts

jrts Active Member

If it works out Ill be up for it.

Iam changing one of my printers for an A3 soon and may up grade the Epson if it works out.

Very intresting idea.