Continue or not?

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Bob Ebophalus, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Bob Ebophalus

Bob Ebophalus Member

I'm building the Tyrell from and made a very big mistake. There is no way to correct this without a large flap showing on the outside of the model. The front of the model is looking fairly bad anyways. So should I continue the model to see if there are any more places that I might make a mistake in and then print out another, or just start over now?
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

I would start from the beginning simply because with the mistakes you already made, it is very likely that you will loose all the motivation to continue anyway....
    Of course, this only my opinnion........
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

plus if you restart you will know what errors you made and to avoid them

sometimes I will wait some days to restart a model, that way i won't double or triple my mistakes

4. gera

gera Member

I would print and re-start. You now know the problem areas and where to go slow. :lol:
  5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Thank you for a great laugh..., with you, not at you of course. I re-read it several times and it only got funnier due to the fact that each and every one of us has had at least one if not several dozen such episodes in our card modeling careers.

The stated advice is all valid and please, by all means, post pictures of the finished results.

Best regards, Gil
  6. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

The only person who never messed up a model is the one who never built one :D
  7. tino

tino Member

Well said Michael...
  8. Bob Ebophalus

Bob Ebophalus Member

Thanks for everyone's replies. I think I'll finish the model, one side at least, and then reprint and rebuild. I probably won't post pics because I don't have a digital camera. :cry:
  9. barry

barry Active Member

don't know where the flap is but maybe you could just cut it off and butt glue, probably a stupid comment