Container Transport

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
Hello again. I was just wandering, do any of you out there model modern day container transport (Road as well as Rail)?
And also, where could I get hold of some of those Athearn 20' Skeletal container trailers? How much do they retail for?:confused:

F

Fred_M

I do mid 80's intermodal in HO. Is that considered modern? As to the 20' container trailers I'll look in the Wathers catalog tonite and see. I have some adjustable 20 to 30's on my layout but they have been there awhile. I'll see if they are still avaliable. DASH

Alan Bickley

Dec 22, 2003
Bicester, Oxford, UK
Visit site
Marvellous! I really want some 20 footers as they take up a lot less space than the 30 and 40's I already have - and they're more common!
The 30's are some AWM types I bought brand new and boxed at a local swapmeet. They only cost £2 each (About $3?)
Bargain, I reckon!
The 40's are from Herpa (Marketed by Con-Cor, stateside?). These are, however, more expensive.

F

Fred_M

It appears they are no longer made. I found them OK in the 2002 Walthers catalog, but the part # comes up "sorry, item not found" on their website. So that means it's a find in hobby shop item. My 2002 catalog shows they sold for $35, but I know the ones I have didn't cost that much, I wouldn't have purchased them for anything like that amount. The one I have were less than $6 from memory. FRED

F

Fred_M

I'll look in a hobby shop this weekend to see if they still have any. Also, it wouldn't be too hard to cut down 40 footers to 20's. DASH.