Container Loads

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Guys,

Remember that template from a few weeks ago to make up the freight containers? Well I made some up and sat them on 50' flat cars.

Oh.... and the pics are taken with my new toy!! :D :D

First go though. Just pushed the "macro" button, set it at .3 pixelly things (will go up to 3.2 megathingys), set it to auto everything and "click".

Lighting? Just an ordinary light globe in the ceiling, and sat them on the freezer lid, and used the wall behind it.:eek:

Attachments

• web002.jpg
    web002.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 111

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Woodie, your camera really makes good, sharp pics. What type of camera is it? (I'm looking around for one, too... :rolleyes: )

And those containers look just great. What a sight when you'll run a whole train of these down the Garahbara Line II. :) :) :)

Ron

Woodie

Mar 23, 2001
Northern Rivers NSW Australia
Ron,

Its a Fujifilm S304. Does up to 3.2 megapixels, 6 X optical zoom, macro function, and can overide a few settings. Specially the aperture, which you need for "depth of field" (things really close in focus, as well as things far away).

The last one could do with a bit of "depth of field" sorted out.

It does movies (with sound) as well. (30 secs on high resolution)

The "auto everything" I did above made it do a shutter speed of 1/2 sec. (not enough light).

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Wow, this depth of field is fantastic! The camera I 'borrow' in my school and use from time to time simply can't override anything. It just makes pictures - period. It's a little better when I use the flash, but without... :(

May I ask about the price category of your camera? :rolleyes:

Ron

PS: Oh, I almost forgot - this is really a sharp (;))looking train! DON'T drive it over the edge!

jon-monon

Aug 15, 2002
Cobblers Knob, IN
www.2guyzandsumtrains.com
That's fantastic woodie! How many years you been at this? hehehe Amazing results. You got that seamless background that the pros get in the studio. Now all you need is some photo software that lets you do croppng and a little magic. Hope you don't mind I had a go at it and cropped it down for you and extended the tracka little. Great photography mate!!!

Attachments

• web010a.jpg
    web010a.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 82