Construction is finally underway.

Mrplow123

Jul 14, 2006
Hayward California
So I have been in the planning stage for over a year and a half. I have finally said to heck with the planning and started building. I have a good solid basic plan, and I plan to just go with it and make changes as I go. You can only pan for so long before you loose interest or go nuts. I was starting to do both. Here is the current plan, and as I said I will be making changes.

And here are some pics of the construction

This is before I started.

This is the bench work about 90% done.

And then I printed my Xtrkcad drawing in 1:1 scale and here it is partially laid out.

Give me some feed back, I am open to all of your comments.

More updates to come soon.

tillsbury

Jul 18, 2004
NZ
Looks great. I would strongly suggest you think about biting the bullet and lining the wall behind the benchwork before you go any further. Not only will it help with temperature variations if you have them, it'll be a whole lot nicer 'room' by the small effort of lining that back wall.... and once you've got further with your layout you just won't be able to do it later.

Charles

umtrr-author

Dec 19, 2003
Visit site
I'm in violent agreement with Charles (Tillsbury) on this. Even if it's just some simple drywall or other flat, smooth surface. That having been said, did I follow my own advice? Uh, no...

In addition, I learned the hard way that it's very difficult to paint a linoleum backdrop while it's already put up! (Well, what I wanted, anyway.) You might consider a bit of pre-painting before installation.