Construction idea???

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by Rawjinks, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Rawjinks

Rawjinks New Member

Has anyone ever tried to use 1mm thick PVC sheets for the formers in their work? Just a thought I had late last night...Let me know what you think.

2. Texman

Texman Guest

Plastic? In your CARD model? HERETIC!! IT'S HERESY I TELL YA!!
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Do a search on the site, several guys have even tried and perfected a way to print on the plastic stock. Some build complete models from the stuff.

I think it's a fad and plastic models will just pass. Once they figure out that the glue is toxic and can be abused to get "high", and that the cost will escalate with the price of oil. It's just a rumor mind you, But......... I heard the Oil Companies are talking about rasing gas prices, seems they aren't making the profits they projected!

Sure hope it doesn't go over 35 cents a gallon! Shoot I just might have to park my old Rambler and walk.:cry:

Stick with paper and cardboard............ You will get better satisfaction from telling everyone that is paper.:grin:

BUT........... Do what ever you want to make your models look they way you want........... NOTHING is wrong with using other materials as long as you have fun and are happy modeling! THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERS!

The other stuff is just opinions.......... shoot I guess even that last thing is an opinion too!

Have FUN modeling!