Considering On30

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by ScottG, Nov 18, 2003.

1. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Nice track work Steven. I'm lazy and would probably buy On3 ties and use the HO track gauge to put down rail. I've also used HO flex track with 1/3rd of the ties removed and re-spaced, code 100 and Micro Engineering IIRC. Since a lot of narrow gauge railroads didn't believe in ballast, burying the ties in dirt would work too. Like the real thing, price counts. :D :thumb:

2. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Steve that is nice looking trackwork, but Greg makes a good point about the ballast. Most narrow gauge R.R.'s the track was really down in the dirt, so much so you had a hard time finding the rail sometimes! :D
  3. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

Update on my "Bumblebee"

I called Bachmann on Monday, Dec 1st and talked to a nice lady named Ginny. She listened to my tale of woe and told me to mail just the Loco and Tender to her at customer service.

The package went out on Tuesday VIA USPS "Priority Mail." According to the USPS tracking system it reached Bachmann on Fri, Dec 5th in the AM. I'll let you know when the replacement gets here.
  4. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Looking forward to a happy ending! :)
  5. Dan Vincent

Dan Vincent Member

Oh Happy day!

Today, Dec 16th, the mailman dropped off my new Bachman D&RG 2-6-0 "Bumblebee."

Wasting no time I headed for the tracks. The loco runs...I'm a happy camper and thanks to Ginny at Bachmann's Customer Service I now have a complete train for my Christmas Tree layout.
  6. Danny

Danny Member

Dan, Its just like I said, Bachmann Service Department gives real service, spot on.
    Danny in Oz.:wave: