Conrail fans do not look.

L

lester perry

I did this a few years ago I think it was 1999. I participate in November open house in my area. If you look at my location you will see I am in Conrail country. I purchased this loco specifically for this reason just for my open house. I got a lot of comments about it. Some not so nice but it is all in fun. Now it is just a shell hidden away in a drawer but I got it out just for you guys. Conrail fans I warned you.

100_0868.jpg

b28_82

shaygetz said:
Sweet:thumb: Anything slammin' Conrail is welcome in B&MC territory.:D

Being a Conrail fan, I cannot condone this type of behavior. Hand over the shell....announce1

On the other hand that is an interesting rendition of what the CSX might have done.

A heinous crime to be sure!
I wouldn't mind CSX so much if they would adopt the Conrail blue. They were nice to look at! I see CSX every day and they are about as boring as it gets!
Nice job on the conversion. I do see quite a few that look pretty similar to that. Fewer and fewer of them though as they slowly get painted fully. I did see a pure conrail paint job the other day. The blue was a little old and dirty, but it was still nice to see!

johnny b

I still see quite a few still in full conrail colors around here. Mostly on the NS lines. They're a bit slower on the repainting I guess. Never did see any CSX partial paint over like that. Haven't even seen too many CSX Conrail mixes around here. Nice paint job though. I do however miss the blue. Actually I would rather see the old Pennsy green.

L

lester perry

Actually I did this before CSX started to paint them I just took a guess

Chessie6459

Gauge Oldtimer
Ralph said:
Hey!!!! Who put that blue paint all over that Penn Central unit!!!?!! :)
Ralph

Now wait Ralph, who put that PC paint on the Pennsylvania Unit. sign1

Anyways, looks great lester.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: