Conrail fans do not look.

Discussion in 'Photos & Videos' started by lester perry, Apr 14, 2006.

1. lester perry

lester perry Active Member

I did this a few years ago I think it was 1999. I participate in November open house in my area. If you look at my location you will see I am in Conrail country. I purchased this loco specifically for this reason just for my open house. I got a lot of comments about it. Some not so nice but it is all in fun. Now it is just a shell hidden away in a drawer but I got it out just for you guys. Conrail fans I warned you.

2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Sweet:thumb: Anything slammin' Conrail is welcome in B&MC territory.:D
  3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Hey!!!! Who put that blue paint all over that Penn Central unit!!!?!! :)
  4. b28_82

b28_82 Member

Being a Conrail fan, I cannot condone this type of behavior. Hand over the shell....announce1

On the other hand that is an interesting rendition of what the CSX might have done.
  5. Wabash Banks

Wabash Banks Member

A heinous crime to be sure!
    I wouldn't mind CSX so much if they would adopt the Conrail blue. They were nice to look at! I see CSX every day and they are about as boring as it gets!
    Nice job on the conversion. I do see quite a few that look pretty similar to that. Fewer and fewer of them though as they slowly get painted fully. I did see a pure conrail paint job the other day. The blue was a little old and dirty, but it was still nice to see!
  6. johnny b

johnny b Member

I still see quite a few still in full conrail colors around here. Mostly on the NS lines. They're a bit slower on the repainting I guess. Never did see any CSX partial paint over like that. Haven't even seen too many CSX Conrail mixes around here. Nice paint job though. I do however miss the blue. Actually I would rather see the old Pennsy green.
  7. lester perry

Actually I did this before CSX started to paint them I just took a guess
  8. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Now wait Ralph, who put that PC paint on the Pennsylvania Unit. sign1

Anyways, looks great lester.:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
  9. railohio

railohio Active Member

Saunders and Perlman, but I'm guessing that was a rhetorical question. :D

10. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Hee hee! I was waiting for that Matthew! :)
  11. Harold Cole

Harold Cole Member

Oh Les,i can't believe you did that.
  12. lester perry

Its all in fun, with a little sarcasm maybe.
  13. Harold Cole

Harold Cole Member

Thats ok,i know it's all in FUN.
  14. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

AAAAHHHHH why did click here? nah its cool. I like conrail, but thats not bad.