Conrail Blue Boxcar?

Discussion in 'The Real Thing- North America' started by chessie4155, May 8, 2007.

1. chessie4155

chessie4155 Active Member

This is a Question for the Conrail experts. I've seen pics of Blue Boxcars with CR markings. I think these are O scale possibly HO, but My question is did the Real Conrail ever have any blue boxcars ? Thanks,
  2. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

I can't definitely say there weren't any. However, Conrail rolling stock was not normally blue. Boxcars were brown.
  3. brakie

brakie Active Member

4. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

What railroad owned that boxcar before Conrail?

Anyway, a model of a Conrail blue boxcar is presumably wearing full Conrail lettering and "can opener" logo. Quite unprototypical. I have an old HO scale (Tyco?) 4-bay open hopper in Conrail blue, and I don't believe that's any more realistic.
  5. chessie4155

Triplex: that's the car i was refering to..All blue with the CR logo and can opener. Thanks, I hadn't ever seen any and didn't think there were any.
    The car in the pic looks like a ex LNA&C car..
  6. b28_82

b28_82 Member

I have the photo encyclopedia of Conrail from 76-87 and the closest thing is those rare yellow can opener boxcars. Pretty much the only rolling stock that was blue was the cabooses and passenger cars. I did see a crane in there in Conrail blue.
  7. chessie4155

Thanks for the help everyone..appreciate it.