concrete color paint

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by jaijef, Nov 8, 2005.

1. jaijef

jaijef New Member

Hello all,
    i was writing to post to see which is the best color for concrete to paint on a structure?
    I know that Floquil makes aged concrete, but is there another color or combination to make decent concrete colors?
    Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated.
  2. zedob

zedob Member

3. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

After buying a bottle of Floquil, I decided I could do better for a whole lot less. I usually mix up a shade of gray and add a touch of yellow. Since no two batches of concrete matches, I have no problems with conforming to that.:rolleyes: Fresh-poured concrete is usually just a darker gray. After a while it usually turnes lighter and whiter but not always, older concrete can be darker and more yellowy. I've even seen pictures here where others have simulated "pour lines" and were very sucessfull at it.

You really can't go wrong, and it's a whole lot more satifying when you're done.:thumb:
  4. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

If you like the craft-type acrylic paints, the "antique white" makes a decent concrete colour. It looks more like new concrete than aged though...

5. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Depending on the effect I am going for I use any of the following craft paints from Folk Art:
    Light Gray
    Clay Bisque

Linen is the one I use the most, however.