concrete color paint

jaijef

Sep 23, 2005
Tennessee
Hello all,
i was writing to post to see which is the best color for concrete to paint on a structure?
I know that Floquil makes aged concrete, but is there another color or combination to make decent concrete colors?
Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated.
Sincerely
Jai

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
jaijef said:
Hello all,
i was writing to post to see which is the best color for concrete to paint on a structure?
I know that Floquil makes aged concrete, but is there another color or combination to make decent concrete colors?
Thank you in advance, any help is appreciated.
Sincerely
Jai
After buying a bottle of Floquil, I decided I could do better for a whole lot less. I usually mix up a shade of gray and add a touch of yellow. Since no two batches of concrete matches, I have no problems with conforming to that.:rolleyes: Fresh-poured concrete is usually just a darker gray. After a while it usually turnes lighter and whiter but not always, older concrete can be darker and more yellowy. I've even seen pictures here where others have simulated "pour lines" and were very sucessfull at it.

You really can't go wrong, and it's a whole lot more satifying when you're done.:thumb: