Concorde - Video made with models

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by milenio3, Aug 10, 2006.

1. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Boys and girls.

Another one of my projects born from the dark caves of my loose mind. The video made from the Concorde models is ready.
    Thanks again to Ralph Currell and Erik Te Groen for these fine models.

Coments, suggestions, and all kinds of words accepted.

For those who missed the Millennium Falcon model video, here:
  2. hpept

hpept Member

Great work. Nice way to spice up a slideshow!
  3. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Muito obrigado!
    What the heck, I'm going to make videos of all my models.
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

Up In Irons!!!
  5. bigtom

bigtom Member

I liked it very much but.......

More time between transitions and slower pans and zooms would help a great deal..

You have a good concept and the best part is that you used dissolves instead of wild transitions. (The #1 mistake of newbies). Just give our eyes more time to take in the beauty and grace of the Concorde and your build. I love Iron Maiden! Again the contrast between driving music and the graceful Concorde would add an interesting texture to the video.

Please take this critque in the spirit offered.. I AM picky but I edit television for a living!
  6. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool!:grin: :grin:

Metal.............for the ears and eyes.........well replica of metal for the eyes!:grin:
  7. sdk2knbk

sdk2knbk Guest

Very interesting! Good job with the models and the video. I've considered taking videos of my models, but I'm still dialup, so couldn't upload to share with anyone. Funny, though, I don't recall ever seeing the youtube site before today, and now I've been there twice. (I found a video there earlier today of one of my model inspirations.)
    MV Windoc was struck by a prematurely lowered lift bridge on the Welland canal back in 2001. Even more interesting to me then was that my family and I were just a couple of miles downstream of that spot when it happened! We never knew it 'til we got home and read the news. I saw this video a few years ago, but it was a much larger file to download. Nice to see a site that is not impossible for non-broadband users to view.

So, everybody who can, post your videos there!

Scott K.
  8. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Thank you very much for you suggestions. Coming from a guy who's been there done that, I take it! The fact that I did it fast, was because of the size of the file to upload it to, and because I didn't want to bore anybody with a 10 or more minutes video.

Scott, very good on your... hum... model inspiration... as long as you don't do the bridge thing.

All... Iron Maiden has been my band for 25 years, so what can I say? :cool:

Next video will be of another plane, this time I'll call it "Flying Heavy Metal", just like the series Bruce Dickinson (Iron's vocals) made for the Discovery Channel. Maybe he could see it (yeah right, dream on, Gerardo). And music with his solo composition "Kill Devil Hill", that was inspired in the Wright Brothers' The Flyer.
  9. clarklfarris

clarklfarris Member

Nicely done! I especially liked the music being an Iron Maiden fan myself.